Chpt. 20 | 共通の根拠 {Part 1}

{Common Grounds}

Hello my little dreamers~

Today's chapter was really long; around 6,400 words I believe. So I decided to split it up into two parts.

My brain has been doing me proud so I thought I'd give a real long chapter to make up for the lack of them.

Anyways, please enjoy~

Contains:
• Mild language
• Slight spice ✨

☀︎︎

💚 ~ Izuku

____________________________________

𝟛𝕣𝕕 𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕆𝕍~

"HELP!! PLEASE!!" Before Mizuki can connect with the concrete, a flash of green blinds her vision and pulls her up to safety. Her breathing completely sporadic as she clings and claws at the somewhat firm body against hers.

💚 "M-mizuki?! Are you okay?!" The freckled boy gently sits Mizuki in a deserted alley. He kneels next to her and tries to think of how to help as she sobs violently. Her chest rises and falls with each sharp and jagged breath she takes; she can't seem to get enough oxygen. Her mind feels dizzy as everything comes crashing down on her at once.

She just told the #1 hero she wanted him; the way she blurted it out made it sound... wrong. Like she only meant it in a s*xual way, which is completely wrong.

Mizuki wants to be with All Might- even Toshinori. She adores them both in different and similar ways. What is she supposed to do now?

💚 "H-how can I help? Should I call All Might?"

"NO!! Please no! Anyone but him!" She cries out as she pulls her knees to her chest and begins rocking back and forth. Izuku begins mumbling incoherently as he starts to panic; he doesn't know who else to call... or maybe-...

Izuku grabs his phone and quickly calls someone; the conversation is muffled due to Mizuki's panicked state. She could've died; she would've died if it wasn't for Izuku. Why did her quirk stop working all of a sudden? It's never done that before. Something is wrong, really wrong. And why was Izuku there is the first place?

Mizuki's breathing eventually stables as her mind grows weary. She leans her head back against the wall as silent tears roll down her rosy cheeks. Her subconscious continues reminding her of every near death experience until it reaches the memories with All Might.

She ruined a possible friendship right after she said she didn't want to. But what bothers her the most is that All Might didn't bother to correct her; he didn't remind her they could only be friends; he just silently stood there with a stoic expression. That's what hurts her the most.

Maybe it's for the best; maybe they're too different to even be friends. But in reality, they're more similar than they realize or acknowledge.

💚 "I called a friend of mine; he's All Might's cousin. His name is Toshinori and he said-" Mizuki's eyes widen as the name finally clicks in her head. 'No- no- no-! Why did he have to call Toshi?!' Her panicked breaths and tears return as she wonders why Toshi would even want to help her. Why does he want anything to do with her? "-on his way." Her sparkling blue eyes meet Izuku's dazzling green ones, fear and apprehension swirl around Mizuki's dilated pupils.

"I- I-... no... I... f*ck-!" She cries out as a sharp pain shoots through her chest, burning it's way up into her throat. What is happening?!

The sound of sped up footsteps drums against her eardrums as black spots blur her vision. That's when it hits her; her dark side is trying to come out, and not her quirk.