Chpt. 19 | 愛への恐れ

{philophobia}

(n.) fear of being in or falling in love

Hello my little dreamers~

This chapter has lots of flirting... yeah that's it! That's all there is! Nothing sad to see here- haha-!

Anyways, please enjoy~

Contains:
• Mild language
• Slight spice ✨

____________________________________

𝟛𝕣𝕕 𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕆𝕍~

"We need to talk." Mizuki stares up at the hero who now looks extremely worried.

"Okay... about what?" 'Really?' She rolls her eyes at the stupid question. In reality, All Might already knows what it's about; or at least, he has an idea.

"I thought it was painfully obvious." She states before taking a swig of water, her mouth feeling unbearably dry all of a sudden. She sighs again, feeling conflicted and nervous. Her mind races as she ponders multiple things at once. All Might notices her nervousness; her lip biting and furrowed brows easily give it away.

"Sweet girl-" He mumbles as he places his giant hand over hers. She pulls away and picks up a piece of salmon with her chopsticks, quickly shoving the fish in her mouth. All Might sighs in defeat as he continues to eat the delicious food himself.

"No more pet names." He grimaces as his movements cease. Why is she acting so cold all of a sudden? She went from cuddling him to practically kicking him in the heart.

He clears his throat and takes a huge drink of his own water. "Why not?"

"It's very unprofessional. If I'm going to be your aide and assistant, things need to be completely professional between the both of us. So no pet names, no flirting, no unnecessary touching, and no favoritism." She might as well say they can't see each other at all.

All Might's chest feels as though there's a huge weight on it. His breathing becomes heavy to the point it sounds like he's panting. Mizuki sighs and dips a piece of fish in some sweet sauce; she uses her free hand to grab All Might's chin. His brows furrow as he stares down at her; his aura chaotic and somewhat intimidating. She brings the food up to his lips like he did with her.

"Open." She mumbles; he hesitantly obliges, savoring the sweet/tangy flavors her food gives. "I know this is a lot; at least it seems like a lot. 'Sigh' I just think it's for the best. We're both obviously confused and going through things. I don't want to ruin a good friendship between us." All Might's heart swells at her consideration.

They're both nonplussed and unsure of how to feel. Everything is against them and a possible relationship between them. Some people would even take offense of a normal friendship between them. That's just how the world works; it's always going against the good people. Age gapes aren't a problem in some countries, but those are mostly the places that underage and forced marriages are allowed.

All Might's mind goes blank as he thinks about it; what marriage with Mizuki would look like. He knows for a fact he would never use his powers and privileges to force Mizuki into doing anything she doesn't want. He would want her to marry him willingly.... marry him willingly? Marry him at all-?! His heart beats faster as his cheeks flush a dark shade of red. Mizuki tilts her head with a confused look.

"I... I understand. When do you want to get started?" Mizuki taps her chin as she debates on being straightforward or teasing him a bit. She chooses the latter.