Chpt. 5 | 白色雑音

{White Noise}

Hello my little honeybees! 🐝

This chapter contains more Toshi and Mizu! Let's go ahead and get started.

Happy reading everyone!

____________________________________

𝕄𝕚𝕫𝕦𝕜𝕚'𝕤 𝕆𝕍~

I've always loved the Library, especially when it's deserted. It's peaceful and quiet; I feel safe and free from the burdens of life.

I walk over to the window and reflect on my beautiful surroundings. The trees gently sway with the wind; The sound of rain tapping on the library's roof and windows soothes my aching head.

Since my last nightmare, I've been having really bad migraines. So coming to the library while Andrea is at work is my favorite pastime. It's always nice to be able to indulge in a good book and leave behind any unnecessary stress.

I smile softly as I place my bookmark on the new chapter of my favorite book, Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott. It was my mother's favorite book, and it naturally became mine as well.

Though I'm still heartbroken over my parents for what they did to me, I can't help but miss the good memories we shared.

Without realizing, tears begin to slide down my pale cheeks. These migraines have been taking so much of my energy, I don't even look healthy anymore.

"Mizuki?" My body jolts and I quickly look to the source of the voice. My wide eyes soften as I smile at the tall male.

"Hi again, Toshinori. What brings you here on this rainy day?" He chuckles softly before sitting next to me.

"It's my free day so I wanted to come see if there's any good books to take home." His beautiful blue eyes gently scan my body; His smile slowly widens. "I see you still have my jacket." I huff and shake my head with a small giggle.

"It's a library, Toshi. Of course there's good books to take home. And yes, I still have your jacket. It's actually very comfortable." He laughs while lightly bumping my arm; I hum before averting my gaze, remembering there's still fresh tears on my face.

"Hey... Are you okay?" I nod while quickly rubbing away my sadness. Toshi frowns as I give him my best smile. "It's okay, you know? To be sad." I feel my eyes glow as I glare at him.

"I'm not sad!"

He throws his hands up before chuckling nervously. "I didn't mean to upset you, Mizuki. I just... I know what it's like to be sad and not be able to show it, or talk to anyone about it. And I'm not trying to assume anything, but it's obvious you've been crying." I stare at him with my piercing red eyes, and before I can speak, I burst into tears.

"I- I'm sorry. I just- I've been having really bad migraines recently, and nothing seems to help." I try wiping my tears away but they keep rolling down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Mizuki. I didn't know."

'Sigh' "I know you didn't, Toshi. It's okay." He smiles and hands me his handkerchief; I hesitantly take it and wipe my puffy eyes. "Thank you."

"It's no problem, really. But something that helps me with really bad migraines is to find the darkest room you can, place a cold rag against your head, and play some calming noise or music on low volume. I really like listening to sounds of rain or waves gently crashing against the shore." My frown slowly turns to a soft smile. He and I seem to have more in common than I originally thought.