Opposite Neighbors

The lady at the reception takes him on tour around the hostel, letting him in on the privileges the hostel has to offer

The lady at the reception takes him on tour around the hostel, letting him in on the privileges the hostel has to offer. He does not seem interested in that. "Yeah, yeah, I get that. Can you show me to my room already?" He questions her.

"Right this way." She directs and goes ahead. I follow silently, chuckling at how his deep, domineering voice make everyone want to obey him. "You can also..."

"Lady, stop talking. I'm not interested." He blows her off. She looks back at me like 'what is wrong with him' and I shrug. I do not know either. She sighs and keeps her mouth shut. We take the stairs and he looks back at me. I quickly look away and he goes ahead with her.

Our footsteps echo the silent hallway. This is one of the things I love about this hostel, everyone here is calm and collected. The dorms were too noisy. The lady opens the room opposite mine and he walks in first. Claude left few boxes behind and the bed is scattered. There are two beds here, like those in my room. This guy walks to the beds, pushing them closer and it creaks on the hard-tiled floor. He makes a big bed and heaves a sigh of relief.

Okay, so he must like his beds big.

This room looks bigger and more spacious than what Myra and I have. It has a balcony too and he looks satisfied with how the room is.

"I'll take it." He says.

"Okay, I'll take Claude's things to the storage. After that, you can move in whenever you want." She lets him know and walks out of the room.

He sets his glacial eyes on me again and I clear my throat, expecting "thank you" from him. "Can you leave too?" He tries to be polite, but sounds rude.

"Seriously?" I ask and he shoos me away like I am a bird, invading his privacy. I walk out of his room and walk right to mine. I open the door, step in and close it with a bang. Myra lays down on her bed, staring at me.

"Who's making you frown?" She asks.

"The douchebag opposite!"

Myra sits up on her bed. "Claude?"

"No! A transfer student. I helped him get a room and he's already treating me like dirt."

"Is he hot?" She giggles.

I snap my fingers at her. "Myra, focus!" She laughs. "He's not hot. He really looks like a drug dealer now that I think about it."

"I like those. They're rough." She winks at me and I nearly throw my bag at her. "Let me say hi to him." She runs out of the bed and puts on booty shorts.

"Myra," I warn her. Without listening, she smudges lip-gloss on her lips, puts on a mild cologne and runs out of the room. I walk to my bed and lie down, heaving a sigh.

Seconds later, Myra storms into the room, fuming with anger, "Oh, he's such a douchebag! He slammed the door in my face!" I burst into laughter, giving her the 'I told you so' look. She sits on the study desk and whirls herself around. "I have good news, though." She smiles, grinning and throwing her arms around.