Man Up

I slept alone last night—barely had any sleep

I slept alone last night—barely had any sleep. It wasn't a pleasant feeling knowing the boy I love is just a few steps away from me.

This morning, I wake up in the house and don't see Ivan nor his car around. I prepare for class and call for an Uber. I guess I didn't think of the part where people will have their eyes on me. It isn't entirely creepy.

I sit in the business class, tapping the pen on my notebook and I can't concentrate on anything going on here. My heart is aching again, getting harder to breathe. I rub my hand on my chest, taking in deep breaths. There's weight on my chest and it's making me weak. Why does this keep happening?

I sit through the class, feeling very uncomfortable. I pick up my bag and walk out of the class after lectures. I step out of the class, walking away and I hear my name. I quickly turn and Ivan is here, waiting by the motorbike. Is he here to pick me up? Why didn't he come to class?

I walk closer to him and he holds my hand and pulls me forward to him. I am a bit surprised because he was frowning at me last night. But, right here, he kisses my lips, holding me tightly. "I missed you," he whispers. I am so confused. What is he doing? "Don't you miss me?" He asks.

"Uhm, what is happening?" I whisper.

"I came back for you." I slowly pull off and look at the smirk on his face.

"Sean?"

"Uh-huh," he laughs and I punch on his arm. "Come on, ride with me."

"No. I know where that took us to the last time. What are you doing here? I thought you were not coming back."

"I missed you." I gulp and he holds my hand. "You and Vany are over?"

"We're not."

Sean chuckles. "Really? He said he doesn't even want to look at you. You really hurt him, Kara." He smiles. "Why didn't you just tell him? Or was it mine?"

"I didn't know and I didn't want to know. It would've been the same face." He laughs at my joke. "Did he tell you?"

"Yes, he did and he has every right to be mad. I was mad too because it could've been mine too. Unless you took some pills." I bite my lips and he sighs. "Let's get out of here. People keep looking at us." He hands me the helmet and I put it on. Sean sits down and I sit behind him, holding him tightly. "Where do you want to go?"

"Take me back to the house. I've been feeling suffocated."

"You're living together?"

"We are." Sean sighs and starts the ride. I close my eyes and keep still at his back.

Sean takes me back to the house and I get off the motorbike. I hand him back the helmet and he stares at me. "What?" I ask.

"You'll be better with me."