Play Along

Ivan obediently drives to the guy's dorm and I step out of the car

Ivan obediently drives to the guy's dorm and I step out of the car. I walk inside and the guys are having their usual party. "Tucker," Kane calls for him and he comes out of the kitchen.

"Kara," he calls.

"Can we talk?" I ask. Kane looks back and forth at us. The mood here is not that great and I want to be done with this and leave. I head to his room and he follows. I open Tucker's door and step into the room. He walks in too and I turn to him. "You have other girls you fuck with."

"Kara,"

"No, I'm not mad. I shouldn't be mad. I won't tell you to stop doing it. I can't promise you anything, Tucker." I say honestly. "I hate feeling like I'm playing with you and I'm sorry for that. Can we take this slow?"

Tucker stays silent for seconds and questions, "that's what you want?"

"I'm not sure I can trust you when I know every girl out there is probably having a taste of you. You're the captain of the basketball team. I know they want you and you wouldn't push them away for me."

"I do, all the time, Kara. Why are you suddenly trying to find fault in my feelings for you? You didn't want anything to do with me before, Kara. And if I must've entertained them because I had every right to do so." Yeah, he's right about that.

"Don't act like I'm the only one you want when you go around entertaining every girl who wants you..."
He cuts me off and says, "At least they want me."

"Then have them and leave me the fuck alone." I angrily say to him. I spot my handbag on his study desk and pick it up. "Don't go around telling people you want me because I'm starting to think you just love the attention of a stupid girl like me rejecting you." I bicker at him and walk out on him. I open the door and his friends move away from the door.

They've been eavesdropping on our conversation. I wonder what else they heard us do in there.

I angrily walk out of the house and I hear Tucker call for me. Ivan is still seated in the car, waiting for me. "Kara," Tucker holds my hand and turns me around. "Hey, I'm sorry for saying that to you."

"And you're not wrong about that. At least they want you." I repeat his words. "Just leave me alone, Tucker. This is not going to work and you know that."

"I want it to work. I really do. I always thought you didn't want me and hanging out with them was all I could think of. I love you and I want this." I look back at Ivan in the car and look at Tucker.

"Can you give me some time?"

"Yes, yeah, I can." This is making me feel bad.

"I need to fix myself," I say to him.

"I understand that." He heaves a sigh of relief. I lean in close to him and kiss him. "Oh," he mumbles and that makes me chuckle. I pull off and he holds me back. "My turn," he kisses me, making my insides churn.