With Me

Still, in Ivan's arms, it feels like an eternity

I open my eyes and see the faces of the people passing by. Some giggle and others look at us like, what the fuck are we doing? I pull out of his embrace and he holds my hand. I can't look at him in the face. Feeling too shy to look at him, he holds my chin up and stares at me.

"Who hurt you?"

I shake my head. "No one. I just feel down."

"I saw you storming off, I drove after you and called your name for minutes. Don't tell me it's nothing. Is it the stupid Finn again?" Should I tell him what Finn told my mom? "It's about him?"

"No... I..."

"What did he do this time?" His eyes flare up. He really hates Finn.

"He called my mom."

"For what?!" He angrily asks.

"Just something," I lie and he huffs at me. "He called to check up on her. That's all." Wow, I'm getting good at lying. His eyes are still on me. "You know I will tell you if something happened. I hate him too."

I'm just scared you'll get in trouble if you keep messing with him, so I'm going to keep quiet about what he said about you, Ivan.

"That's all?" I nod my head and he rubs my palm. "Don't let him scare you. He's like an angry baby; there's nothing he can do to you."

"I know. I have you." I say and we both smile. "I should be getting back to the hostel."

"You're going to stay indoors again? You never get tired of that?" I grin at him and he huffs at me. "I'm driving us around. We both need that."

"Okay," I nod my head. We walk back to his car and I take a seat. He sits in too and looks at me.

"Something on my face?"

"I know you're not telling me something." I look down on my laps and he doesn't say anything. Ivan starts the drive and he asks, "why did you try to avoid me in the morning?"

"I've been feeling down all day. It wasn't about you." I lie again, confidently. Ivan turns on some music; music being a gateway to a human's soul brings a smile to my face. I love music; I would make music if I could, but let's face it, chasing your dreams isn't always rosy and sometimes doesn't end well. I wouldn't want that to happen, so I always like to take the easy road.

I lip-sync to most of the songs and Ivan is silent. To be clear, he seems to be in deep thought. He's been driving for minutes and paying more attention to the rare view mirror. I look back to see what he's been looking at and there are just cars behind us. Ivan speeds up and a red-colored motorbike speeds up and gets in front of us. It doesn't look like something is happening until three more motorbikes join the road. One is on my side and two are at Ivan's side. The one in front of us speeds up and I gulp. These people on the motorbikes are in mask-faced hoodies.