First Love

I find Ivan in my arms again, bringing out the smiles that went into hiding

I find Ivan in my arms again, bringing out the smiles that went into hiding. I have my head on his shoulders, his body so close to me and I tug on his shirt. I exceeded my pleasures minutes ago and he's allowing me to hold him still.

"Kara," he calls in a whisper.

"One more minute," I whisper to him. He keeps holding onto me. "I'm taking back all the strength I lost when you were not with me."

"We can do that after the show. I need to talk to you." I look at him and he brushes his hand on my face, taking strands of hair and putting them behind my ear.

"Can't we talk now?"

Ivan shakes his head. "After the show, I promise."

"It better be good," I nervously chuckle.

"It will." He helps me stand up and I take in a deep breath.

"Kara," Myra knocks on the door. "Can I come in now?"

"Yes, come in," I answer. Myra walks in, smiles beaming on her face. She's all dressed up; hair and makeup done, and I am nowhere near done.

"Can I let the stylist in now?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I heave a sigh.

Myra calls the stylist in and Ivan waits while I get ready. The lady styles my hair, does a warrior make-up look for me, and I love the outcome. I glance at Ivan and he's not taking his eyes off me. I smile at him and he hides his smile, shyly looking away.

The stylist leaves the room after dressing me up and I hug Ivan again. He needs to know how I missed him. Fuck pride. I can't keep pretending anymore. "See you soon," I say to him.

"All the best," I smile at him and head out of the room with Myra. Lily meets up with us and gets us ready. This is the first time I don't feel nervous before a performance. We get the microphone positioned within our costume and I see Myra smiling at me.

"Look at my babies looking so damn good," Lily compliments and we laugh. "Have fun out there. Own the stage. This is your night."

"We'll have fun," I say to her.