Seasoned Lies

I cuss for the fifth time, listening to the beeping tone on the phone and pace in the living room, angrily redialling the number

I cuss for the fifth time, listening to the beeping tone on the phone and pace in the living room, angrily redialling the number. She doesn't answer my calls. I phone Myra instead and she answers the call while grunting and moaning.

"Is Kara with you?" I query.

"No... she..." she cusses and gasps.

"Can you stop fucking and tell me where my girlfriend is?"

"She left. Is she not home yet?"

"Would I be asking if she's here? It's been hours now. Is she still there?"

"No, I left before she did. She said she was coming home. Hold on and let me call her." Myra puts me on hold and I wait for minutes on the phone. "Ivan," I hear her say. "She's not answering my calls either."

"Where the fuck is she? It's fucking late!" I roar. "Please tell me you know where she could be."

"I don't know. I'm not sure she's with her mom. She would've told me." Myra says worriedly. "Is she with Lily?"

"Please call all the people she knows. I'll wait for your call."

"Okay, let me call the guys." Myra hangs up and I redial Kara's number.

"Where the fuck are you, Kara?" I sit down on the couch, impatiently waiting for Myra to call me back. I stand up from the couch and walk back and forth in the room.

Myra calls me back minutes later and I answer the call. "She's not picking anyone's call." She informs. "What is going on?"

"I wish I knew. Please let me know when you hear from her."

"I will." I end the call and phone Sean.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Has Kara called you?"

"No, why are you asking?"

I sigh. "She's not home and she's not picking anyone's calls. I thought she called you again."

"No, she didn't. You shouldn't worry about her. I'm sure she's fine."

"She never leaves without talking to me. It's been hours now and it's late..."