Masquerade

Myra has been refusing to answer my calls since she left the cafe

Myra has been refusing to answer my calls since she left the cafe. I get to the hostel, still trying to reach her phone so we could squash this meaningless beef. I call again and the call gets answered this time.

"Myra,"

"Hey, it's Claude. She wants me to tell you to stop calling her. Are you guys okay? She's been acting weird."

I slam my face. "We just argued over a little misunderstanding. Tell her to call me back and that I'm sorry."

"Okay, I'll let her know that." We end the call and I call Ivan's phone. He doesn't answer the call and I sit down on my bed. It's so lonely here. Ivan isn't around and Myra is mad at me because of stupid Finn.

I get a call back from Ivan and I smile before answering. He makes me giddy. "Little baby,"

I cover my lips from squealing. Why do I miss him this much? You're just his friend, Kara.

"Roy,"

"You miss me already?" Oh God, can he tell?

"A little. Are you not coming back today?" I grit my teeth.

"I have to get some things done today."

"So you're not coming?"

He stays silent on the phone for seconds. "You want me to pick you up?"

"I'm alone here." I hint, so he knows I want to be where he is.

"Get some clothes on. I'll see you soon." He got the hint!

"See you soon," I smile and end the call. "Yes!" I cheer, laughing out loud for achieving my goal. I get into a fitted dress and wait for Ivan to show up. I am feeling nervous, wondering what he has been up to. I comb my hair and put on my usual lip-gloss. My phone rings on the bed minutes later and I rush for it. It's Roy.

"I'm here,"

"I'm coming out." I end the call and pick up my little bag to keep my phone, key and wallet in. I step out of the room and lock the door. I hurry out of the hostel and Ivan is waiting in his car for me. It's late-night and I have no idea what we're going to do. He's making a call on his phone, so I make my way to the car. He smiles at me as I take a seat.

"Hey," he mumbles to me. "He thinks I fucked up with the first and he's not answering my calls, so you call him. I'm tired of sticking up to his bullshit. I'll call you back." He ends the call and looks at me. "Why are you trying to look good?"

"I always look good."

"Pfft," he makes fun of me and drives away. "We're both skipping that English class tomorrow, right?"

"Fosho!" I holler and we burst into laughter. Finn can suck our balls! "Where are we going?"

"A boring party,"