Chapter 27 - Restarting

Criticism spot! :)

Crutchie's POV

I woke up from the door opening, immediately panicking as it did. I sat up quickly, trying to back away and ignoring the pain that was shooting through me.

"Hey hey, it's me," Jack said, gently closing the door and sitting down in the bed. "You're back home, remember? You're alright." I managed to calm down quickly, tensing up as the pain got worse. "You gotta eat," Jack handed me a piece of bread, smiling kindly.

He sat beside me as I ate, and once I had finished I laid against his chest, trying my best to relax. He gently played with my hair, and his rhythmic breathing helped me to keep calm and not panic about any of the loud noises outside the door.

"I want to go to the penthouse," I finally said, my voice far scratchier than I expected it to be.

"We can tomorrow, alright? I just want you to sleep in a bed for at least one more night." I backed up a bit so I could look at Jack, seeing him smile at me.

"All the progress I made is gone," I mumbled, laying down in the bed again. Jack laid down beside me, and we faced one another.

"That's not true. You have all the tools you need to heal this time around, and you know which ones work best." He kept smiling as he spoke, and I felt ever so slightly better. "You've got me, too." He then kissed me on the forehead, making me finally smile back at him.

"You should go sell," I said, taking him by surprise.

"Are you sure? I planned on stayin' here," he asked, and I nodded.

"I'll just be sleeping. You'll get bored." He pushed my hair back, sighing.

"You ain't gonna let me stay anyways, are you?" He joked, and I chuckled.

"Nope," he chuckled, too, getting out of bed.

"Fine. I'll see you tonight." He said, heading out the door.

I got thrown to the ground by my Dad, making me scream out in pain. He kicked me a few times, making sure to land a few hits on my bad foot.

"You pathetic shit!" He screamed, kicking harder and harder.

"Stop!" Jack yelled, jumping out from the closet. My Dad stared at him, and I froze from fear.

"Jack-"

"Don't hurt him, hurt me." He said, staring back at my Dad.

"Jack get outta here!" I yelled, beginning to sob.

"Leave him alone. I'm the one you want." He ignored me, and my Dad slowly walked over to him.

"You're the one that helped him run away?" He asked, and Jack nodded.

"It's my fault. It was me. Not him. Hurt me." My Dad looked at me quickly before turning back to Jack, punching him in the face and knocking him to the ground.

"No!" I screamed, trying to crawl over to him.

"Stay there, Crutch! You're still okay!" Jack said before my Dad hit him again. Suddenly, my Dad was holding a knife, grinning at Jack.

"This ends now," he said, stabbing Jack.

I screamed in horror as my Dad kept stabbing him over and over, blood going everywhere. Jack grew weaker with each stab, and all I could do was scream. Finally, once he decided it was enough, my Dad got up and left without another word. I immediately went to Jack's side, pulling him onto my lap while his blood trickled down around us.