Chapter 39 - Love

Criticism spot! :)

Another long chapter!!!! :D

Crutchie's POV

I woke up by the bell ringing as usual, seeing that Jack and I didn't move at all in our sleep, still laying against one another. He started running his fingers through my hair, making me smile. I looked up at him, seeing that he was smiling too. It wasn't long before there was a knock on the door, making Jack jokingly roll his eyes and get out of bed. I laughed a little and sat up, knowing it was Race.

"Morning!" He said as he walked in, wide awake.

"I don't know how you're so full of energy," Jack teased, and Race sat down in front of me.

"I like mornings," he said with a smile, holding a wrap.

"Huh, sounds like the exact opposite of someone I know," Jack started changing, and I chuckled a little.

"As if I'm the only one who hates mornings," I teased back, wanting to put off having to wrap my hand. Jack had changed quickly and was already standing next to me, smiling kindly.

"Do the same stuff," Race instructed, and I nodded, looking down at my hands. I expected to be able to close it all the way, however I moved it far, far less than the day before, making me feel sick to my stomach. "That's alright, you're probably sore from catchin' yourself last night. Take a breather, and whenever you're ready try opening them." Race reassured me, but it didn't do anything.

I took a deep, deep breath, hoping that I'd do just a tiny bit better than yesterday. To my horror, when I tried to open it, rather than moving just a small amount, it didn't budge at all. I felt their eyes on me as they thought I hadn't started to try yet, likely wondering what was taking so long.

"I can't get it to move," I mumbled, my eyes burning with tears.

"Okay, hold on," Race said, moving so he was closer to me. He grabbed my left hand with his right, putting his left hand on my wrist. "I want you to try again in a second here, and I'm gonna hold your arm like this to feel you trying to move it, alright?" I nodded, wanting to break down. "Whenever you're ready, go again."

I did as he said, still unable to open it whatsoever. I kept trying and trying, but no matter what I did, it wouldn't move. Race kept his hands still, studying my entire arm closely.

"Shit," he mumbled, not thinking about it. "I can tell you're trying to move it." He looked up at Jack, worried. "It's- it's because of yesterday, don't worry," he suddenly said, sounding unsure. "Let's wrap it and we won't try again til tomorrow." Jack sat down beside me, pulling me in close so I could get ready.

"You can do this," he said quietly, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him because of how upset I was.

"Ready?" Race asked, and I nodded, feeling pain in my hand as he wrapped it tight. I buried my face in Jack's shirt, managing to hold back a few of my tears, but a few managed to escape. 

Once he finished he left without another word, knowing I needed time to calm down. Jack continued to hold me tight, running his fingers through my hair.

"You okay?" He finally asked, and all I did was shake my head. "How about you come with me today, hm?" I sat up and looked at him, wiping my face dry. 

"I don't want to slow you down," I said quietly, looking down.

"You won't," he reassured me, pushing my hair back. "I don't want you to be alone right now, Crutch," he added, and I sighed. 

"Okay," I spoke even quieter, and Jack got out of bed again, rummaging through his clothes.

"Here, wear my shirt. I know it helps you feel better," he said as he handed me a pair of my pants and one of my favorite shirts of his, making me smile a little.