iv

"Well shit" I mumbled and walked to a seat at the opposite side of the class. I placed my bag down before sitting in the seat and nibbling on my bottom lip.

I'm in the same class with that jerk. I glanced in his direction to find him staring at me, immediately I looked away. Shit. The heat rose to my cheeks, turning them into a pink color. This sucks so badly. I've never felt more embarrassed now than I ever had before.

"Y/n-kun?"

I turned my head to see Izuku standing in front of my desk.

"Hi Izu-chan" I greeted, attempting to ignore Bakugou's glare.

Wait, why was he even glaring at me? Or rather Izuku and I. He never paid this much attention to us before today.

"How have you been?" He asked and sat down beside me.

Just like that Izuku and I were fine again. We caught up and vaguely explained what we had been up to over the summer. I asked about his quirk and although he gave me an answer, I knew it wasn't the truth. Regardless though, I let it pass. We talked until our teacher entered the room wrapped up in a sleeping bag. I exchanged a look with my cousin, but we didn't dare say anything. He had this scruffy look to him with his long black hair and stubble. His eyes had this permanent tired look to them, like no matter what you said or did, they wouldn't budge.

"Welcome to UA's heroics course. I am your home room teacher Aizawa Shouta" The scruffy man spoke. Even his voice sounded tired. "Everyone get dressed in these gym uniforms and head off to the PE grounds"

Everyone followed his instructions and met out on the gym grounds. I tucked my necklace into my uniform to prevent anything from happening to it.

"We will be doing a quirk apprehension test..."

I started to tune him out as he went in depth with how the younger schools don't really focus on individual quirks and such. I looked over my shoulder and caught eyes with Bakugou, to which I immediately looked away. I stared at the ground, feeling as though holes were being burned into my shoulder. My focus shifted back to our teacher when he called Bakugou's name.

The ash blonde male stepped into the circle to demonstrate. He appeared more muscular and somehow more angry than when I had seen him last. Even with this baggy uniform I could tell that Bakugou's arms had increased in size. I watched as he threw the softball, yelling 'DIE'. My body flinched a bit as the sound of his explosions went off. They were incredibly loud, louder than the last time that I had heard them.

I noticed his little smirk when he had seen how far his ball traveled. I rolled my eyes. He was so full of it.

"What a show off" I blurted which caused everyone to turn to me. My eyes widened, realizing what I had said out loud.

"What the hell do you mean show off?" Bakugou raised an eyebrow and walked towards me. "Are you saying you can do better than me, extra?"

He stopped once he was about a foot away from me. My heart began to beat faster and my palms started to sweat. I felt like cowering away and rolling into a ball, but surprisingly I didn't. I looked him dead in the eyes. I don't want to be that weak girl anymore. Bakugou is an ass and can go fall off a log for all I care.

"No. If you were listening correctly, I was saying that you're a show off" I replied and pushed him out of the way. "If you're done talking, I would like to get my turn over with"

As I grabbed the softball from Aizawa's hand, he went over our consequence if we ended up in last place. I was internally panicking, but I made sure to keep my face emotionless; I couldn't let my classmates know that I was shaken up by his threat of expulsion. Besides, he was probably bluffing. I stepped into the circle and rolled my shoulders a couple times before throwing the object with all my might.

"78 meters" Aizawa said and showed the phone screen.

"78?!"
"Only?"
"Did she not use her quirk?"

I calmly walked away from the circle and stood by Izuku. Aizawa just called up the next person and we continued on with the rest of our tests. I ended up placing eighth at the end of the tests. Everyone went to change out of their uniforms before gathering in the classroom and receiving their assigned seats.

"Hey! You're Y/n-chan right?" A voice from beside me asked.

I turned to my right to see the pink girl with horns. I nodded my head.

"You're Ashido-san?"

"Just call me Mina since we're going to be the best of friends"

"Oh! Okay.." I replied and began talking to her. The conversation seemed so natural, like I've known her for my whole life. Granted she did more talking than me.

We spoke for a bit until the bell rang. As I was leaving the building, I realized that I haven't seen Izuku since our test. I looked around the front to find him talking to All Might.

"Well it's a good thing he didn't take it too seriously" All Might told Izuku.

"Who didn't took what too seriously?" I asked. The both of them jumped and turned around with frightened looks on their faces.

"Young L/n! It's nice to meet you!" All Might said and stuck his hand out.

"Likewise" I nodded and shook his hand. Something was off, but I didn't want to pry. "Well... I'll be off. See you tomorrow Izu-kun, All Might-san"

I walked away in the direction of my home, seeing a 5'7 figure up ahead. I let out a deep sigh and mentally cursed. I had been so busy training this past summer that I forgot that Bakugou lives in the same area as me. After today, I don't want anything to do with him and I'm sure the feeling is mutual; so I'll just keep my distance and ignore him.

At least that's what I planned until I bumped into him.

"Ow!" I exclaimed. I found myself on the ground with a sharp pain on my butt. This was the second time I got hurt today.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE G- the hell?" Bakugou's obnoxiously loud voice rang in my ears. "Why are you following me, extra?"

"In case you have forgotten, we live in the same neighborhood Sherlock" I rolled my eyes and got up, brushing the dirt off of my skirt. "Why'd you even stop? There's no traffic lights. Just look both ways and cross"

"I WAS looking both ways, but a car came. That's how roads work dumbass"

"Okay. Well, the least you could have done was help me up"

"And the least you could have done was use your fucking eyes to see that I was standing here"

"Oh my gosh. You're so rude and annoying" I said as I rolled my eyes and followed him across the street. "It's like someone pisses in your cereal bowl every morning. It wouldn't kill you to be kind every once in a while"

"Tch. You're just soft" Bakugou replied and looked at me. His gaze seemed to linger longer than it should have, but maybe I was imagining it this time.

"Bye asshole" I spoke before turning the corner to my street where my house was located. Bakugou was yelling some things in the distance, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. Or rather, I chose to not hear what he was saying.

Once I got home I was greeted by the sound of pans clattering and the water running. My stomach churned as I pushed away the hope of seeing my parents again. I hung my backpack on the hook by the door and took in a deep breath as I tied my hair up. They're gone and there's nothing I can do about it. I just have to continue life as normal..