xvi

We ended up running to the open door of our homeroom. Standing in the entranceway, Bakugou held the scrunchie up high with a smirk on his face.

"Are you kidding me? Are we in middle school?" I huffed and jumped up to grab my hair tie. He moved his hand before I could reach it.

"Just wear your hair down, dumbass. You don't look as ugly as you normally would when it's down" Bakugou said before walking into the classroom.

"Geez. What a compliment" I rolled my eyes, following him in.

Izuku and I locked eyes for a split moment before he looked away. I ignored it and sat down in my seat beside Mina, listening to her squeals and shipping. The next two weeks of training and weight classes passed in the blink of an eye, before we knew it, the day of the sports festival came upon us. Everyone was directed to the locker rooms as soon as they stepped foot onto the campus. On my way there I saw a slender yellow-haired boy with an annoying voice. I walked past him, hoping he wouldn't say anything.

"Oho! What's this? The little sheep from class 1a crawling into the lion's den?"

I ignored him, but he continued anyway.

"What? No smart remarks today? Have you accepted your defeat already?!"

I took in a deep breath, letting it out as I turned to him. "Listen to me closely, Irish springs. Shut. The. Fuck. Up"

I gave him a sarcastic smile before entering the girl's locker room. The girls' eyes in my class fell on me as I walked in.

"Monoma?" Jirou asked. I nodded with an exhausted expression on my face.

"He's still out there?" Momo inquired as she buttoned up her gym uniform.

"I think he's trying to intimidate us. Ribbit" Tsuyu stated, her tongue sticking out.

"Whatever he's doing, it's creepy" Mina shuddered.

"His obsession with class 1a is creepy in general" I added. I changed into a grey tank top that ended right at my belly button before pulling on the blue gym uniform.

All of us girls walked out of the locker room together to meet up with the guys in the waiting room. Bakugou and I exchanged looks as we approached one another.

"Are you ready to lose?"

"Wipe that smirk off your face, bourbon. No way in hell am I losing" I told him with confidence and sass. I folded my arms across my chest.

"Bourbon? What the f-"

"I can smell your bath and body works cologne off of you"

"Hey, I happen to think it's a manly smell" Kirishima butted in, throwing an arm around his shoulder. "I helped him pick it"

"Good riddance. I was tired of the ax body spray" I said in a joking manner as I tied my hair up. The boys looked so offended and hurt by my comment. Eventually, the rest of the group came up and we all chatted for a bit until a not-so-private conversation between Izuku and Todoroki captured everyone's attention.

"Although I'm above you in strength, you managed to get All Might's attention. I don't care for the details of your relationship, but just know that I'm going to beat you" The dual-haired boy said. I've never spoken to him nor did I ever hear him speak, but he was very straightforward.

Everyone turned their eyes onto the shorter boy. Kirishima attempted to be the peacemaker, but there were no alliances here. If the other courses were starting a battle... this right here, in our class, was the war.

"I don't know what your intentions are, Todoroki, but the people in the other courses aren't going to hold back... so I won't be holding back either" Izuku responded. In his voice and eyes were nothing but determination.