xvii

"Ahh, I'm so glad we made it to the combat battle together!" Mina cheered as she wrapped her arms around me. I smiled and softly patted her back.

"Congratulations to you guys! But can we talk about how crazy your cousin is, Y/n-chan?!" Hagakure exclaimed.

"Yeah. I was wondering what he was doing, taking his time to dig up all those landmines. Turns out he blew himself up to victory" Jirou chimed in with Momo by her side.

"He just thinks outside of the box" I said.

We all walked into the lunchroom, being greeted by the vibrant atmosphere. It was most lively today than it has ever been before. We grabbed our lunch trays before sitting at an open table. The girls went on about the prior preliminaries. I listened to them gush and squeal over each others' performance while looking around the room.

Bakugou, Izuku, and Todoroki were nowhere to be found.

"I'll be back guys" I told them as I stood up.

"Where are you going Y/n-chan?" Uraraka questioned. Her eyes shifted between me and my partially empty tray. Right, her family struggles to make ends meet.

"I just need to look for someone. You can take however much food you want off of my plate, I had a big breakfast anyway" I smiled at her before walking away.

"Text us when you've found your boyfriend!" Mina yelled. I rolled my eyes, ignoring her as I exited the cafeteria.

The sudden shift from the loud and busy room to the silent hallway was weird. It felt like I had entered a parallel universe. Nonetheless, I wandered around with nothing but my phone and the sounds of my feet hitting the tiles to keep me sane.

me
hey bourbon
where'd you go???
i need to rub my victory in your face

myscarydog :D
shut the fuck up, come to entrance 4

me
woahh, i knew this would get a rise out of you, but still, you really are obsessed, aren't you, kitten?

myscarydog :D
stop qoutibg your shittyb tikyoks

me
AICNDKDN
is tHe gReaT bAkuGoU kAtsUki making typos? :0

myscarydog :D
i'll fuvkibg kilk you

I laughed at his last message while making my way towards the fourth entrance. It seemed ominous that he would ask me to meet him there, not to mention the dim lighting. Eventually, I saw the unkept silhouette of Bakugous hair in the distance and knew that he was there. He looked suspicious, standing at the corner of the wall.

"If you were going to kill me you sh-"

"Shut up, dumbass" The blond whispered as he pressed his hand against my mouth. Bakugou whispering? I'm convinced I'm in an alternate universe.

He slowly brought his hand back down and I caught the conversation between two familiar voices. Izuku and Todoroki. My brows wrinkled and creased in the middle, what were those two talking about in this secluded area. I looked up at Bakugou and he gave me a warning expression to stay quiet. That's all he had to do to keep me mute. The dim lighting and the way he was focused on every word that the other two said had given me more than enough reason not to argue with him.

I shook the thoughts out of my head. This blond teenage boy was eavesdropping on my cousin, it wasn't right. I opened my mouth to tell him that we need to leave when that phrase had escaped the lips of the heterochromia boy.