xviii

The break ended and everyone who made it to the one-on-one battles prepared themselves. Ojiro and his team forfeited their place because they didn't feel like they deserved it. According to him, it was like they weren't even present during the cavalry battle. He blamed the purple-haired boy from general studies. And that was it. Apart from Midnight's gushing over them defending their dignity, everything continued as normal.

Izuku's fight against the purple guy named Shinsou was first. Izuku ended up winning, but not without coming close to losing. Watching their fight kept me on the edge of my seat; not because it was long or extremely intense, but because of Shinsou's brainwashing quirk. I could go on about it, but that's what Izuku does.

After them was Todoroki vs. Sero and that ended fairly quickly. I know this because I had barely any time to myself in the waiting room when I was called up. I walked out of the opening, hearing the yells and cheers of the audience.

"FROM CLASS 1A WE HAVE L/N Y/N!"

I made an attempt to smile as if anyone from afar could have seen it.

"NEXT, ALSO FROM 1A IS KAMINARI DENKI! LET'S GOOOO!"

Across from me stood 5 feet and six inches of pure electricity.

"As cute as I think you are, Y/n, I want to win" He said with a little shrug and a confident smile on his face. I crouched to the ground and touched it with all five pads of my fingers as I smiled back at him.

"You're not the only one"

"I know. So how about we go grab some food after I win? Indiscriminate shock 1.3 MILLION VOLTS!" He yelled as he pointed his finger at me.

I've never moved so quickly in my life. The ground rumbled and a bit of debris flew around as I jumped up. From the dirt rose a metal pillar, not too tall and not very thick, but it was good enough to make me win. I landed on the top and quickly jumped off as the electrons from Kaminari's quirk touched it. Metal is a great conductor of electricity.

As I landed from my makeshift platform in the air onto the ground, I saw Kaminari in his 'whey' mode. I felt bad seeing him this way. I walked up to him with full concern.

"Kaminari?" I called out. He just stuck his thumbs up.

"Hey, kid! Are you alright? Can you move?" Midnight called out while approaching us.

"whey~"

"I- I don't think he's mentally capable of doing anything right now, Midnight sensei" I answered for him. We both stood by and watched him sway from side to side.

"Uh, well then. I declare L/N Y/N'S VICTORY!"

The crowd cheered loudly, deafening my ears. I glanced over at the section where my class sat and saw an amused look from Bakugou. I smiled back at him in full confidence and he turned away. I assumed he said something like: "Tch. Cocky dumbass"

I walked off of the arena and returned to the stands where I was congratulated by many of my classmates.

"Aw, were you saving a seat for me, bourbon?" I teased my blond-haired and red-eyed friend.

"Tch. As if I'd save you a seat. This is for shitty hair"

I sat down in the seat. "Kirishima is sitting right in front of us.."

"WELL-"

"Dude, just say you were saving it for her. It's not manly to deny it" Kirishima chimed in, shaking his head. I chuckled at his comment as I sat down.

"Whatever. I just know that you damn extras like to be around me"

"Eh Kacchan, we like being around Y/n. You two just happen to come in a pair" Kaminari stated as he walked past us to sit by Kirishima.

"Is Sero still with Recovery Girl?" I asked the yellow-haired boy. "Also, you recovered quickly"

"I'm just that awesome baby" The boy grinned at me and I just rolled my eyes, a smile on my lips.

"Yeah, but not awesome enough to beat me" I said playfully.

"I was being a gentleman. Besides, loser pays for dinner, right?"

"Right" I spoke in a sarcastic tone, dragging out the 'i' sound.

"Does that mean you'll go to dinner with me?"

"Well... I'd have to think about it" I responded, faking a pondering expression.

"She means no, dunce face" Bakugou glared at him with his sharp ruby eyes. He slouched slightly in his seat, spreading his legs to take up most of the space. With a bored look, the boy returned to watching the match. Which was more of an advertisement considering how Hatsume was using Iida as a display for her 'babies'.

The blond glanced at me, locking his pair of ruby red into my eyes. I blushed, feeling small under his gaze.

"What?" I spoke in the most annoyed tone I could force out of me.

"Good job, princess" He complimented under his breath.

My stomach felt uneasy and I didn't know what to say. I was rendered speechless, but of course I still had to say something.

"Ye-ah"

Bakugou let out a quiet chuckle. It lasted for only a half of a second, but it made me smile. We both sat there and watched the rest of the battles before he had to leave for his. I stood up from my seat so that he could pass by. Our bodies were so close for those brief moments; I could feel the heat radiating off of him. The warmth that he gave off was cozy and comforting, like the summers that we once spent together.

Kirishima and Kaminari wished Bakugou good luck. To which he smacked his lips before giving them a cocky response. I debated on whether or not I should wish him luck. A few seconds hand passed and my body ultimately decided for me. I found myself following him to the top of the stairs, catching him by holding his slightly bigger calloused hands.

Bakugou turned to me, his ruby orbs staring into me with a softer expression.

"You better not be lame out there... because I'll be watching" I told him. He smirked.

"Dumbass. You'll look like the lame one when I'm done" The boy spoke, his tone condescending. He rubbed my head. "Go sit your ass down before you miss my win"

I scoffed in amusement as I watched him walk away. That pretentious bastard.