xxvi

I sat in the back of the bus, staring out the window with my arms crossed. My thoughts ran faster than I can process them. The only thing I could hear was noise. So. Much. Noise.

Monoma had triggered something inside of me and had affected me more than I'd like to admit. He didn't understand what it was like to constantly look over your shoulder for danger or to be in constant fear of having your loved ones taken away. That insecure piece of-

"Oi, dumbass" A deep voice called me out of my head.

I looked up to see the ash-blond standing in front of me. We stared at each other for a moment; me trying to figure out where the noise disappeared to and him... analyzing me? I think I was imagining it.

"Yes?" I eventually replied.

"Move over. You're taking up too much space"

I looked at the open space beside me and furrowed my brows while returning my attention to him.

"There's so much space"

"Not with you in the seat" He retorted and sat beside me. Our bodies fit perfectly in the seat and I didn't even have to make space.

It was quiet.

Bakugou looked like he wanted to say something. He turned his head a few times to look at me, taking a breath and holding it before exhaling as he turned away. It wasn't until the bus began to move that he finally mustered up the courage to ask what he wanted.

"Are you alright, princess?"

My eyebrows lifted slightly, shocked to hear the softness of his tone and the question overall. I turned to look at him and caught his ruby gaze.

"What?" I questioned just to confirm what my ears had heard.

"Are you alright?" He repeated, patiently and slowly. It was as if he was exaggerating every syllable to comfort me, not to mock me.

I nodded. "I'm fine"

"Don't lie to my face. I'm not a dumbass like everyone here"

"You're truly charming," I said in a sarcastic tone and rolled my eyes. "But no, I'm really fine"

Now that you're here...

"Tch. You can't get mad at me for this shit later because I asked you twice"

"I won't" I responded before turning to look out the window.

Bakugou rolled his eyes, not believing me. I heard some rustling and then a sharp tear through a plastic bag filled the air. I was going to direct my attention to the commotion, but the boy beside me was quick to nudge my side.

Annoyed, I glanced down at the plastic in his hand.

"THEY'RE SELLING THESE AGAIN?!" I gasped. My eyes were probably wide as saucers.

"Shut the hell up, dumbass" He scolded in his usual harsh tone. Though, his lips seemed to wear a very small smile.

"Dude! They've been discontinued for years!" I yelled as I grabbed a tiny golden All Might gummy.

"If you opened your eyes then you would have seen that the convenience store in our neighborhood started selling them again" He stated sassily.

"That attitude is not necessary" I rolled my eyes and grabbed another gummy.

I reached out to grab another one when he moved his hand away.

"Fuck you. I don't share with extras who are assholes"

"You don't share with 'extras' at all"

"Yeah, exactly"

"Yeah, and I'm neither extra nor an asshole. Is there any-" I watched in disbelief as he ate the last few gummies, specifically the blue pieces. "-blue ones left..."

"You spoke too late, dumbass"

"You're the asshole" I glared at him and crossed my arms.

"No, I'm just faster than you" He shrugged. I turned away with a frown on my face.

That asshole.

And not a minute had passed when I felt something land on my lap.

"You're a fucking baby" The boy complained.

I looked down at my lap to see a small zip lock bag full of blue All Might gummies. I forced myself to hold back a grin as I picked up the bag and ate in silence.

"You're welcome you baby" He spoke in feigned annoyance.

I smiled with a shrug. We sat in a comfortable silence until we reached our destination.

•~~~ఌ~~~•

"You guys made it!" A blonde woman exclaimed. "Honestly, I thought it would have taken less time than that"

"Yeah, 'it'll only take three hours' " Sero mumbled bitterly as he rubbed his elbow.

I huffed and puffed beside Bakugou. He was a little roughed up, but even so, he managed to look beautiful. It was so annoying. I looked away from him to see a little kid.

The kid walked out from behind the girl with short black hair and Izuku walked toward him, introducing himself. Within a split second, the kid had rejected his outstretched hand and punched him in his pelvic area.

I gasped while Bakugou let out a chuckle.

"Cute kid" He said with a grin on his face.

"He's just like you, Bakugou. Responding with his fists" Todoroki commented.

Bakugou immediately jumped to verbally defend himself. I didn't have time for his shenanigans, I had to check on my cousin, and Todoroki could handle himself.

"You alright, Izu-chan?" I asked the boy who was hunched over in pain.

"Yeah... I'm alright, don't worry about me" He answered in a strained voice. I shook my head.

"Why'd the kid do that to you?"

"I don't know... he said something cryptic about heroes" Izuku stated.

"So, he hates us" I rephrased bluntly.

"Well, I-I wouldn't take it that far!"

"Izu, there are people out there who aren't villains that despise heroes. Not everyone is going to like us"

The green-haired boy stood quiet for a moment. He was no longer in pain... I think, but at least his mind was elsewhere.

"You're right, Y/n-kun" He responded after a moment of silence. "But for a kid that young to be so cynical? I'm not sure"

"Alright, kiddos! Time for dinner since you all missed lunch!"