xx

I ran off of the arena, tears streaming down my face and thoughts traveling at the speed of light. I ran and ran with no destination in mind. I just wanted to get away from everyone.

The screen was dark making it difficult to make out the bodies, but not impossible.

I heard my mother's voice and her fighting grunts as she tried to defend my dad. He was already injured and immobilized by the villains, his suit tattered and his face full of blood. Eventually, they threw my mom to the ground and cornered her with my dad.

I turned my head to look at the ground. I didn't want to see what was going to happen next because I knew that for some nauseating reason, someone wanted to show my parents' death to the whole world. My jaw clenched and my hands turned into fists, the thought that someone so disgusting exists... aggravates me.

"Since I'm feeling generous today... I'll let you say a few words to your daughter" A scratchy-toned voice said. I looked up, seeing only my beaten-up parents on screen.

My eyes softened and my heart ached.

"No... we're not... done" My mother groaned. Despite her state, she was still so beautiful.

"Oh, but you are. I will give you five seconds" The villain behind the camera offered.

"To our sweet... baby girl" My dad started.

"Kenzo.."

"Your mama and I... we love you so-"

"Time. Is. Ticking"

"-much. Don't stop fighting. Be a good person.. a hero" Dad continued, both him and my mother's eyes filled with tears. They looked sad and fearful, but not for their lives.

"One second"

"Kenzo we're not- we're not... losing" My mom declared as she attempted to stand, dropping back to the ground instead. My dad held her close in his arms as the villain approached them.

"No, Itsane... we're just saying see you later"  My dad grinned weakly as he rested his forehead against my mom's. She had accepted their fate, but not without sobbing hysterically.

"We're sorry... Y/n" Mom whispered.

The villain placed all five of his fingers on one person's head and then the other, causing their heads to explode.

"NO!" I shrieked as I slammed my hands on the ground. I felt something release from my body, a force of some sort.

"Kid.." Midnight called as she slowly approached me.

"STAY AWAY" I screamed and shot my hand out. I heard a thud shortly after and lifted my head to see her laying on the floor. The arena felt a little bigger than before and I had a feeling that I was the cause.

My eyes caught some of my professors', they stared wide-eyed and shocked. I was.. am a freak. I have to get away from here.

I slammed the door behind me and locked it. I escaped to the first place I thought of... my classroom. It was almost completely dark, the only light source was beaming through the blinds.

I tried to stop my tears from falling, but it was useless. I slid down against the wall and hugged my knees close to my chest. Ueda kept the details of my parents' death a secret. He said that I wouldn't be able to handle it and I thought he was bluffing... but he was right.

My parents died a gruesome death. I couldn't even handle it so how could I handle becoming a hero? I'm weak and I cry when things get hard... and right now I don't even know who the hell I am. What I can do. And everyone probably hates me for lying to them.

"UGH!" I groaned out of frustration. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

"Open up the door Y/n" A man's voice demanded. I jumped when I heard him.

"No"

"This is my classroom. Open or I'll give you cleaning duty"

I sighed and stood up, sniffling as I unlocked the door for my middle-aged teacher. And apparently my fan club too...

I was about to comment on the 'Y/N FANCLUB' and 'WE LOVE Y/N' sign around Kaminari and Mina's necks when a familiar blond had pulled me into his arms.

"I don't want your-"
"Shut up, princess"

Bakugou's hand rested on the back of my head and he held me close against his body. I reluctantly hugged him back before letting my tears fall once more, soaking his gym uniform. After a few moments we moved to the desks. I sat down on the top of a desk and Bakugou sat in the partnering chair.

"Why are you all here? Don't you guys hate me for lying to you?" I mumbled as I clicked my feet together repeatedly.

"I already knew your true identity dumbass"
"I wasn't talking about you, explosives"

"If I was being honest Y/n-chan... I felt a little betrayed. How could we be friends when you didn't even tell me who you are?" Mina explained. "But Bakugou and Midoriya-kun had knocked some sense into the whole class"

"I, for one, still think you're cool. Like mega epic cool" Kaminari smiled. "Just to be fair though, I cracked the case way before anyone else, so I deserve a reward!"

I let out a small giggle.

"It's understandable why you had to lie. The villain recording that video is dangerous... your parents only wanted to protect you" Aizawa said. He looked like he was holding back something.

"You hear the similarities too, right sensei?" I asked and he nodded.

"Similarities? Like the villain who-" Mina started, but was cut off by Aizawa.

"Don't go looking for trouble, Y/n. Let the pros deal with this"

I frowned upon hearing his command. The pros? They've done nothing so far to track down the villain who killed my parents and now that we have some evidence of his crimes, I'm supposed to just let the adults handle this?

"Oi, promise me that you're not going to go after him" Aizawa spoke sternly, his eyes narrowed and serious.

"I promise..."

I guess.

"Good. We have places to be and a final battle to watch. Are you going to join us?"

I looked at Bakugou who was already staring at me with challenging eyes. I smiled cheekily before nodding.

"Yeah, the show must go on, right? Especially if I have a win in the bag" I shrugged, full of feigned confidence. A part of me didn't want to go back out there and face everyone, but the other part of me was yelling at myself to finish the job.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that, princess" Bakugou said as he stood up.

His words ignited a small fire in me. One big enough to give me the real confidence to go back out there and finish what I had started.

"I'd understand why you're not sure about it... it's because you're not me" I responded with a condescending tone, causing Bakugou to ever so slightly smirk in amusement.

The five of us returned to the stadium. Mina and Kaminari are in their seats as Bakugou and I stood across from each other in the arena. I glanced at the big screen that now displayed our names along with a photo of us. I felt like an animal with the way that they had set this up.

Even if I was standing here, determined to take home the gold medal, all I wanted to do was lay in bed. My emotions were all conflicting with one another and I didn't have enough time to process it all.

"Oi, are you going to be alright?" Bakugou's deep voice called out. I nodded. "Hey, if you're not good tell me now dumbass"

"I-"

"Alright, everyone! Welcome back from that short intermission! Let's see who will be the winner of all winners!" Midnight declared before walking off.

"Bakugou" I spoke out. "Don't hold back on me. I'm not a fragile princess"

He let out an amused scoff. "Stop talking, Y/n"