x

About an hour later the villains were put into custody and we were sent back to UA. All of us sat silently for most of the ride until Kirishima spoke up.

"So Y/n, what is your quirk exactly? Like in-depth"

"Mine?"

He nodded. Everyone in the middle looked at me with full curiosity.

"Well... it's everything and anything that deals with metal. I can attract metal towards me and repel it. If I touch it I can manipulate its shape and direction along with its magnetic levels. A plus is that I can detect metal from a 3-mile radius? But the more mass the more energy I need, if that makes sense"

"Woah. Are you sure you're not Kinzo's child?" Kaminari asked, completely amazed by the similarity of our quirks.

I shook my head. "I'm not"

The rest of the ride began to become more lively as class 1-A started talking about the attack. They were practically bragging about how cool they or someone else was during the fight. Soon enough we arrived on UA grounds and changed out of our costumes before gathering in our class. Aizawa announced a few things before returning to his sleeping bag in the corner of the room.

I stared at the top of my desk, going over the recent events. There have been studies out in the world about 'quirk awakenings' where your quirk unlocks its full potential. Not always does it occur in high-stress situations, but that's the most reported cause. When I had shouted at Izuku earlier, my steel bar had shot out from beside me without my command. It may not be a quirk awakening, but it is strange. I need to call up Ueda and speak to him about this.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Mina asked and tapped my shoulder, bringing me away from my thoughts.

"I'm fine" I replied and gave her a reassuring smile.

"So.. what's the deal between you and Bakugou?"

"Huh? What deal?"

"You know what I'm talking about. That tension between you two" She wiggled her eyebrows which caused me to roll my eyes.

"There's nothing between us. He's just an ass"

"I mean he does have a terrible attitude, but there's obviously something"

I sighed and debated whether or not I should tell her about my crush. I glanced over at Bakugou, seeing him with his usual grumpy expression. There was no point in not telling Mina, she is my friend after all.

"Well, I used to have the biggest crush on him.. but I got rejected and we'll leave it at that" I told her, feeling embarrassed as the past resurfaced in my mind.

"Oh, I see. That's kind of.. dumb" Mina shook her head and turned away.

"Dumb? How's that dumb? What part of it is dumb?" I questioned. I subconsciously leaned towards her with an intrigued mind.

"That you got rejected. I mean have you seen-"

She stopped in the middle of her sentence. I stared at her, anxiously waiting for her to continue. Mina just bit her bottom lip to hold back a laugh.

"You know what? Never mind, you wouldn't know"

"What wouldn't I know? Come on Ashido, tell me"

"Nah. Maybe at a later time" The pink girl shook her head and got up when the bell had rung. "Let's head out now if we want to get that ice cream before sundown"

"Ooo, are you guys going to check out that new shop in town?" Kaminari butted in. He looked between the two of us and grinned. "Can I come?"

Mina sighed and put her hands on her hips. "Denki, you will not be-"