xiii

"Miss L/n? Are you awake? You have a visitor by the name of Bakugou Katsuki" Mary spoke through the door. "Do I let him in?"

I slowly sat up in my bed, blinking away the tiredness as I processed what Mary was asking. My eyes widened as I remembered about training with Bakugou.

"Yes! Let him in!" I shouted and frantically grabbed my phone off of my nightstand.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
i'm on my way
oi, tell your old lady to let me in
heY DUMBASS
IT'S 11:56 IN THE MORNING
GET UP

"Oops.." I muttered. Bakugou's last message was sent about five minutes ago.

I rushed to get ready. After brushing my hair into a ponytail, I ran down the stairs to see Bakugou looking at all the family photos. He was dressed in a black tank top that exposed his muscular arms and black joggers that didn't seem to sag for once.

"Took you long enough princess" The blonde boy said with his hands in his pockets.

"Shut up muscle tee. Let's go out back"

I grabbed a couple of water bottles for us as I led Bakugou through the back door. He snatched the bottles from my hands and put them in his pockets.

"Thanks. I guess?" I furrowed my brows.

"Miss L/n! Don't forget to take your medication!" Mary yelled from the door.

"I'll take it when we get done here! Thank you Mary-san!" I responded and waved to her as we walked away.

"Medication? Are you dying or something?" Bakugou asked. I stayed silent, causing Bakugou to look at me. "Why aren't you saying shit?"

"I- I'm sorry. Can you not tell anyone? Especially not Izuku.." I mumbled and turned my head away from him.

"Are you fucking serious? What are you getting treatment for?" Bakugou grabbed my arm and turned me to face him. I kept avoiding his gaze until he got sick of it and grabbed my chin, making me look at him. "Why didn't you say anything sooner, dumbass?"

I took in a deep breath, holding back my tears. I can't believe Bakugou, of all people, found out. And especially in this way.

"I didn't want to tell anyone that I'm getting treated for.. for i- iron deficiency, sucker" I laughed and pulled his hand away from my face.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Why would I joke?"

"Fuck you" Bakugou grumbled and began to walk off.

"Hey! You don't know where you're going!" I continued to laugh as I followed him.

"IT'S A FUCKING PATH DIPSHIT. IT'S SELF EXPLANATORY"

"Oi! Don't be so mad Bakugou! You're not going to get rid of me that easily!"

"Shut the hell up!"

We eventually arrived at the forest area behind my house. The both of us made it past all the trees to get to the opening in the middle. Within the enclosed area was a large oval-shaped patch of dirt that both Ueda and I had destroyed over the summer. Speaking of, I haven't heard from him in a while.

"Rich ass" Bakugou commented.

"Hey! You're rich too! Your parents are fashion designers" I took his silence as my victory. "Exactly"

"Shut up. I came here to win, not to talk to your dumb ass"

I chuckled while walking out to the middle of the opening. The blonde boy followed after me once he had placed the water bottles down. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous about sparing with Bakugou. We grew up together, so I knew he was going to do everything he can to win; regardless of the situation. But I think that's what motivated me to get better. How could I lead the agency if I couldn't take care of one boy?