xiv

"You idiot! Do you not know your manners?" I whisper shouted at him once I reached the sink.

"I do know my manners, dumbass. The old hag didn't beat the shit out of me when I was younger for nothing!"

"Bakugou Katsuki" I glared at him as I rinsed the soap off of the dishes. He stood to the right of me to soap and I, to the left to rinse and arrange the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Tch.." He mumbled, avoiding my gaze. "At least it got through to the lady's head"

I shook my head and just continued to do my job. We finished up the rest of the dishes before entering the living room.

"Miss L/n, why don't you take your friend to go wash up? I've prepared some of Mr. L/n's old clothes. if that's alright" Mary said.

"Oh.. yeah.. um, that's fine" I replied. "We have to do something with those clothes eventually"

I led Bakugou up the stairs to the bathroom. Mary had placed the folded clothes neatly on the countertop.

"I can just go home princess. You and your old lady are doing too much shit for me"

"Nonsense. We don't have many guests anyway. And besides, you already said you'll stay for dinner. Saturday's are pasta nights" I smiled at him.

His eyes softened a bit before he 'tched'.

"Fine. But don't be complaining later" Bakugou said as he closed the bathroom door behind him.

I returned downstairs to the living room and sat across from Mary. She was working on her embroidery.

"Your friend is quite.. assertive. Miss L/n" She had spoken out.

"I apologize on the behalf of him Mary-san. He's always been like that since birth" I explained and fiddled with my thumbs.

"Oh, he's that boy you and your cousin would play with" Mary gasped as if a light bulb had turned on in her head. "My my, he's grown up a bit"

Instead of looking at her project, she was now looking at me. Her silver eyes peered into mine through her tiny glasses and for the first time, Mary had made me feel uneasy.

"He's a handsome young man, don't you think?"

"Um.. yes?" I answered nervously. "I mean, physically speaking, he's changed a lot since we were kids- NOT THAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING. B-but he's still a jerk"

My cheeks were now burning into a deep shade of red. I'm such an embarrassment that it amazes me.

"I'm sure with the right people he'll open up. Don't apologize for him, Miss L/n. His personality can come off as brash, but I find it quite refreshing" Mary said as she returned her focus to her embroidery. Oddly as it seemed, this conversation made the silence between us comfortable. Moving past the loss of my parents took a toll on my relationship with Mary (mainly because of me), but perhaps it was going back to normal.

After a few more minutes of listening to the running water, it became complete silence. I walked up the stairs and grabbed my clothes before waiting beside the bathroom door. Bakugou walked out a few seconds later, dressed in my dad's old clothes. He had on a pair of black basketball shorts and a plain white t-shirt that hung a little loose.

"Does it fit?" I looked up at him. There was a faint scent of my dad's signature cologne on the clothes. He must've worn the clothes or the cologne a lot if it still smelled like him.

"Fits enough. Your dad must've been made of a shit ton of muscles"

"Yeah, he wasn't that much taller than you. Just a couple more inches, but he was pretty buff. He loved working out" I explained. I reached out to pull on the back of the shirt so that the neckline would sit right on the blonde. I then brushed his shoulders off with a smile dancing on my lips. "You'll fit into it in no time"

I turned my head up to see Bakugou staring at me with the smallest smile on his lips. He looked away and tried to play it off when I had caught him.

"Hurry up and take a shower, dumbass. You smell like shit"

"Classic Bakugou" I rolled my eyes and did one last look over his outfit. But instead of the blonde jerk, I saw my dad who had the widest smile on his face. My lungs suddenly felt as though they had collapsed. Quickly, I turned into the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

I took my medication before hopping into the shower and washing all the dirt off of my body. I stayed there, underneath the burning water as I thought back to a couple of minutes ago. My dad is dead and yet I saw him standing right where Bakugou stood. I shook my head. These things, hallucinations, only happen in movies.

Once I had dried myself off and pulled on a clean pair of clothes, I walked downstairs to hear Bakugou's loud voice.

"HAH! OF COURSE I'M BETTER THAN YOU"

"I said almost, young man, almost" Mary replied calmly.

"What's.. going on?" I questioned, my brows knitting together in confusion. Bakugou and Mary stood at the marble counter with their hands and aprons covered in flour.

"Miss L/n, I was just teaching your friend here how to make good pasta"

"We're not friends" Bakugou grumbled as he angrily kneaded the dough.

"Your boyfriend"

"Nonono, we're just friends Mary-san" I stated while approaching the two.

"Friend. Boyfriend. It's all the same" Mary commented before walking over to the sink. I ignored her and tied my hair up so it wouldn't get in the way of kneading the rest of her dough. Both Bakugou and I finished around the same time.

"Hey idiot, you have something on your face" I called out when he had turned away from me.

"Don't call me that, dumbass" He warned as he wiped his cheek. I grabbed a pinch of flour. "Did I get it?"

I waited for Bakugou to turn around before giving him a light tap to the face, leaving the flour remains on his skin.

"No, it doesn't look like it" I replied and nibbled on my bottom lip to prevent myself from laughing.

"Oi. I'm giving you two seconds to run, princess" Bakugou glared. He was a liar. It wasn't even one second when he had begun chasing me around the first floor.

I jumped over the basket filled with our dirty workout clothes and looked behind me to see if he had followed. The blond was nowhere in sight. Just then, I turned to see the boy standing in front of me. As if it was instinct, I ducked and rolled off to the side to avoid the cloud of flour.

"You're pretty slow now Katsu" I taunted and he whipped his head in my direction. I covered my mouth, shocked at the nickname that had just come out of my mouth.

"Did you just call me that shitty nickname?"

"Shitty nickname for a shitty person" I joked and then started booking it, juking him in the process.

"Miss L/n! L/n's boyfriend! If the both of you are making a mess you will not get to eat dinner!" Mary yelled.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I stopped. But Bakugou being the ass he was, swiped the flour from his hands onto my cheek.

"Cheater"

"Just playing the game, princess" He smirked.

"When the both of you are done flirting, clean yourselves and run to the store, please. The older I get the less I remember to buy things" She shook her head in disappointment.

"We're not flirting!"
"WE'RE NOT FLIRTING"

Right at the same time the both of us looked at each other.