xxiii

I collapsed on my bed, my arms and legs aching. I think I overdid it today on the machine.

tick. tick. tick.

My attention was brought to the clock on the wall. 10:45 pm. I worked out for four hours. Four hours of physical torture. All for what? Eight hours of no sleep and a head full of anxious thoughts.

I sighed as forced myself up. If I was going to dwell on the future, I might as well be clean.

"Miss L/n" Mary called after softly knocking at the door.

"Yes?"

"I've prepared a bath for you"

"Thank you Mary-san. You may have the rest of tonight and tomorrow morning off" I told her as I set my sleepwear on the bed.

"Thank you Miss L/n"

I nodded and listened as her footsteps faded in the distance. Time to bathe.

•~~~ఌ~~~•

I stared at my ceiling, listening to the ticking of my clock. I knew it was time to get up and get ready for school, but I dreaded it more than usual.

Eventually, I pushed myself up to sit. I rubbed my tired eyes before forcing myself to take my pills and get ready for the day. The day when I had to face everyone else in the school.

At least I knew Denki and Mina were still going to be my friends. Remembering those two idiots with their fan club signs made me chuckle, and, it ultimately made the rest of my morning until I got to school.

CLICK
CLICK
FLASH
FLASH

I kept my head down as I pushed past the media. I had my hair down to cover my face today, but I don't think it helped in keeping the public away.

"Y/n! Y/n!"
"Miss Y/n!"

Oh gosh. Here come the damn questions.

"What do you have to say about yesterday's events?!"

Nothing. Just leave me the hell alone.

"Can you give us that DNA test?!"

I scoffed and shoved that reporter out of the way with a little more force than I did to the rest. Did he try to be funny at this moment? What a fucking joke.

"Will you be investigating the death of your parents?!"

Images of the video flashed through my mind.

"Can you tell us about your quirk?!"

I felt nauseous. One more question and I just might barf.

"OI! FUCK OFF EXTRAS!" A familiar voice shouted. He grabbed my hand and pulled me beside him. "She's not in the FUCKING mood, so get out of our FUCKING faces"

I glanced up at him. He had a scowl on his face and a crease between his brows, causing me to giggle quietly. Looking at him made all the reporters disappear.

Bakugou led me through the halls, shooting glares at the students as we approached our classroom. He was like a guard dog, I couldn't help but burst out laughing once we had entered the class.

"What's so funny, princess?" He cocked an eyebrow.

I shook my head. "Just you being my little guard dog"

He rolled his eyes before walking over to his seat and I was faced with the reality of my situation once more.

Everyone's eyes were on me and though I was afraid of what everyone else may have believed, I knew I had to clear the air. There were five minutes before class was to be in session. I took my place in the center of the room and cleared my throat.

"Hey everyone.." I announced as loud as possible while fighting back my nerves. "I know I left before any of you had gotten the chance to speak to me, but yes. I am the daughter of Manetto and Kinzo"

I paused to look at their reactions. Nothing.. aside from a smiling Mina and Kaminari.

"You guys may all be mad at me for hiding this.. as we have already bonded through so much, but I only ask you to understand why I had to keep it a secret"

Silence.

I glanced at Bakugou. His face was at rest, not the I'm-faking-it-to-look-tough rest, but his natural resting face. It led me to believe that my speech was right. However, it still didn't stop the nerves from returning.

"Well.. uh.. that's- that's all from me... if anyone was.. um, wondering" I muttered the last word, feeling my cheeks increase in temperature. It was very hot all of a sudden.

I took a step towards my seat, stopping once I heard the voice of our class president.

"L/n-san!" Iida called out. "On the behalf of Class 1A, I am telling you that we are not furious with your true identity! We had already gathered our suspicions back at the USJ incident, but that does not change our perspective of you at all"

"Yeah, Y/n. You're still our friend. It doesn't matter if you were the secret love child of two heroes or the child of regular citizens, you're cool either way" Jirou shrugged as she twisted her plugs around her fingers.

"Yeah, man! You've already proved to be the manliest person here! We're glad to get to know the real you, bro!" Kirishima grinned. "Right, Bakugou?!"

"Shut the hell up Shitty Hair! I've known princess for as long as I can remember" The blond rolled his eyes before shifting his gaze onto me. "Get outta the way, princess. We have shit to do"

I smiled and nodded before scrambling to my seat.

"Bakugou is right. We have many things to do, for one, your internships..." Aizawa began.

When did he show up? I don't know and frankly, I don't care.

Maybe I blew things out of proportion. No one was mad at me and I... I was alright. For the first time in the past 24 hours, I felt alright. Of course, there was the press conference this weekend, but I'm not going to worry about that just yet.

My friends are more accepting than what I had believed them to be and Bakugou... he's been more helpful than I ever thought he could be. He may never admit it, but he knows he's kind and caring.

I smiled to myself as Aizawa explained the internships.

I think, no. I know I'm going to be okay.