xv

"Stop copying me, idiot"

"YOU'RE COPYING ME, DUMBASS"

"YOU'RE IN MY HOUSE"

"I WAS BORN FIRST"

"I'M TALLER"

"YOU WERE TALLER WHEN WE WERE TWO"

Mary came in and stared at us with her narrowed silver eyes. She folded her arms, waiting for us to stop bickering. We eventually did and turned to face her.

"Now that the both of you are done acting like 3-year-olds, please run to the market before they close. It is already 3:45" Mary spoke in a firm tone.

I nodded and wiped the flour off of my cheek with the back of my hand. Bakugou was taking his time, probably trying to piss me off and in the meantime, Mary handed me the list of missing ingredients. Then we were off, venturing into town. On our way back to my house, we had run into a familiar curly green-haired boy.

"Izu-chan!" I yelled. He turned around, a smile on his lips until he spotted Bakugou beside me. His eyes darted between the two of us and there was confusion, but also disfavor in them.

"Y/n-kun! What are you doing here with Kacchan?" The green-eyed boy asked, but his gaze wasn't on me. It was on the blond beside me.

"We were training earlier-"

"Together?" Izuku questioned.

"Who else would 'we' be referring to?" Bakugou chimed in.

"Yes, we were training together. We're just out grabbing some ingredients for dinner, looks like chicken alfredo is on the menu" I answered, adding the last bit to ease the tension between the two boys. It was so thick I could cut it with a knife.

"Why don't you join us?" I invited. Bakugou tensed up beside me.

"I don't want to bother you, Y/n-kun"

"Great" Bakugou blurted and began walking past the boy.

"You're not bothering anyone. The more the merrier!" I insisted and turned him around, resting my hands on his shoulders before pushing him forward.

All three of us went on our journey back to my house. I probably shouldn't have invited Izuku over given the past between him and Bakugou. But it would have been rude not to invite Izuku. What was the worst that could happen?

•~~~ఌ~~~•

This was the worst thing that could have possibly happened.

Somehow the two guys ended up sitting next to each other, despite all the space at the dining table and were eyeing each other the entire time we had been eating. Mary attempted to initiate pleasant conversations, but they always ended with both boys taking a jab at one another. I didn't say anything. I only watched this chaotic dinner unfold.

"I wasn't the one who rejected the only person who would ever have a romantic interest in me, only to go after them a year later"

My jaw dropped when those words left Izuku's mouth. THE Bakugou Katsuki chased someone? I shifted my eyes over to the blond, seeing his cheeks tinted pink from embarrassment.

"At least I have people interested in me, shitty Deku. People only like you because you're the dumbass's cousin for fuck's sake"

"That's not true. And I have a name you know" I chimed in, earning a glare from the piercing ruby red eyes.

"Kacchan.. no one knows about Y/n's background"