part 3

"Eomma...Appa...don't go...stay" Yeji started to talk in her sleep. Chaeryeong woke up and rubbed her eyes awake.

"Yeji, you okay?" Chaeryeong said softly in her groggy morning voice.

It was still pitch black out, a little light coming from the floor behind the curtains that lit up the room just enough to be able to see where you are walking.

"Eomma, I need you back" Yeji said waking up and holding Chaeryeong's hand tightly. She sat up and pulled the redhead into a tight hug.

"Yeji- I can't breath" Chaeryeong said after a moment of being squeezed to death.
"Just one more minute" the blonde said as tears fell from her eyes onto Chaeryeong's neck.

Yeji finally loosened her grip on the redhead and sighed. She lied back down and was still holding Chaeryeong's hand.

"I am going to call the doctor, he asked me to call when you wake" Chaeryeong said turning.
She was stopped by Yeji's grip on her wrist, holding her back.

"Can you wait for a minute, I want..I want another hug" Yeji hesitated as she loosened her grip on Chaeryeong's wrist.

"Sure" the redhead gave a slight smile and hugged the blonde.

'Why is my heart breathing so fast? It's just a hug! Oh gosh her hand...what is she doing' Chaeryeong thought.

Yeji had her hand on the latter's back, she started to slowly fall asleep and her hand had slid down to Chaeryeong's bottom.

"Yeji-" Chaeryeong broke the hug and watched as Yeji fell back on the pillow.

'Oh she just fell asleep...why did I think she was trying to move on me?' The redhead thought quietly to herself.

Chaeryeong didn't know if she should call the doctor since Yeji had fallen back asleep. She decided to stay up until Yeji had completely waken, and if any problems had occurred, she could immediately call the doctor.

Yeji stirred in her sleep the rest of the time Chaeryeong was awake. Ryujin had woken and went home for some fresh change of clothes and to bring back food for the morning.

The doctor had knocked on the door and came in, waking Yeji up. Chaeryeong sat up in her chair and bowed at the doctor.

"May I have a moment with the patient please" the doctor asked as he walked over to the edge of the bed.

"Oh yes, I'll be back Yeji" the redhead said and stood up, Yeji grabbed her wrist and shook her head worried.

"Can she please stay?" Yeji asked.
"Ah...of course" the doctor sighed and nodded.
Yeji took a deep breath and Chaeryeong sat back in her seat, she gave the blonde a  reassuring look and smiled at her.

Yeji tried to smile but all she could think about was Chaeryeong leaving again, once she was all better...was she going to stay?

"So it seems the stent placement went well, but we would like you to stay for a few more days so we can monitor you" the doctor explained.

Yeji started to bite her lip and play with her fingers as the doctor continued.

"We also have prescribed you some different medications, and we hope that your...girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend, just a friend" Yeji corrected the doctor before the redhead could.

Chaeryeong gave an awkward smile and nodded.

'Good catch' the redhead thought.

She was happy that Yeji had corrected the doctor, but at the same time she felt upset that she did. Now that everything had been explained, and everything adds up, why does she feel torn between loving her first love again or making sure her heart wasn't going to be broken twice.