Ch. 12

I woke up to the sound of the Walking Dead theme song alarm.......don't judge. I heard faint footsteps running down the hall to my room. They barged in.

"We're ready!" They screamed. Kayla and Kris. I looked at the clock.

"Guys it's 5:30 we have to be there in two hours." they rushed me out of bed and into the bathroom. they threw my towel at me and said.

"Take a shower!" After twenty minutes in the shower I saw then organizing pictures on the floor.

"What are you guys doing?" I said while adjusting my robe.

"Trying to see which head shots we should bring." head shots? "We want autographs from the cast." ohhhhh. I get it.

"Okay, from who." They stared up at me.

"All of them." I shook my head and walked to my closet. I chose a grey sweater, navy blue jeans, and my black combat boots (pic #1 on the side). I didn't dress too well because I'll be in my costume most of the time.

About forty minutes later, my mom drove us to the set. Kayla and Kris would not stop talking about what they expected. It was freaking annoying, but cute at the same time.

"Ahh, I'm so excited to meet my idols. Especially Norman Reedus the bad.. wait I'm not allowed to say that word." I smiled at her.

"What, bad-ass?" My moms eyes flicked in my direction.

"Ashleigh!" My mother scolded. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Language."

"Sorry mom, but you do know there's a lot of cursing on the show, that I will be reciting over, and over again." she shook her head in defeat.

When I got there my mother waved us goodbye and took off. I saw Chandler walking to another trailer. Aww he's in his cute little Carl costume.

"Chandlerrrrr!" Kayla and Kris said sing songingly, Chandler noticed and walked our way. I hit them both in the back as they winced.

"Hey stranger." I kissed his lips as he grabbed my waist, forgetting my siblings were there..... they made disgusted faces.

"That. Is. Disgusting." Kris said making Chandler and I chuckle.

"How's it going guys, ready to meet the cast?" they shook their heads as Chandler guided us to the rest of the cast. I jogged over to Norman and gave him a hug.

"Hey squirt, ready for your first day?" he said rubbing my shoulder.

"You bet, dad." my remark earned a few laughs from everyone. I didn't notice till now but the twins were cowering behind me. Humph, go figure. I pulled them in front of me.

"Everyone, this is Kayla and Kris."

"Hi," they said in a whisper. Each and everyone of the cast members greeted them and auto graphed their pictures. When Norman signed, Kayla was ecstatic.

"Ashleigh," I turned around to find Lauren Cohan and Emily Kinney standing in front of me. "I'm Emily."

"Lauren." I shook their hands.

"I'm Ashleigh, I'm so excited to be working with you guys."

"Us too," Emily leaned into my ear. "Chandler's told us a lot about you." I blushed madly and they giggled back.

"I have a feeling I'm gonna get along quite well with you two." they gave me a wink and I walked over to Chandler.

"Hey babe." he wrapped an arm around my waist. I got many stares, from the cast and crew. "Do you wanna see your trailer?" I nodded and he lead the way.

"Wow!" it was huge, I had to take a pic of my name plastered on the door.

"Mines right next to yours, so feel free to stop by any time ya like." he had a wicked smile on his face, and I'm guessing we're not only going to be playing video games in there, if ya know what I mean.

"Great, I'm gonna get changed," he nodded and I gave him a quick peck on the lips. When I got inside there was a rack of costumes waiting for me. I scanned each of them in awe. I can't believe this all real, it's like a dream come true. I'm finally going to be an actor.

One of the costumes had a post-it on it that said "today's outfit, wear' I grabbed it off the rack and ran to the bathroom to slip it on. It was a white and grey base ball tee, a dark green vest, ripped black jeans, and brown combat boots (pic #2 on the side). When I walked out I saw Kayla and Kris admiring my other costumes. I cleared my throat. They turned around slowly, jaws dropped.

"You like?" I said spinning around modeling it.

"We love!" they shouted. I giggled.

"Ok, ok. I'm heading to the makeup trailer if ya need me. Please stay out of trouble, I'll come back for you guys when it's time to shoot."

"Bye." they said not looking away from the giant TV.

When I walked into the makeup trailer, I saw Chandler sitting in a chair in front of an overly bright mirror while a woman did his make up, so I took a seat next to him.

"Hey," I said, he turned his head to face me.

"Hi, may I say you look great."

"Why thank you, sheriff." we both laughed, making the makeup artists snicker a little too. The woman doing my makeup walked over to me. "Hi, I'm Ashleigh."

"Ah, the new girl. My names Piikea," I shook her hand.

(guys its pronounced pee-e-kay-ya)

"That's beautiful, is it Hawaiian?"

"Yes." I nodded and let her get to work. She put my hair in a messy fishtail braid, and put my makeup on, which mostly consisted of blood and dirt. Chandler waited for me the whole time. "Are you two together?" Piikea asked us. We looked at each other.

"Yes." Chandler and I stated proudly. Today's gonna be fun.