Chapter 20

I was awoken by a blinding bright light and when I opened my eyes I realized it was, the sun? Woods and trees surrounded me when I heard the familiar voice of someone so dear to me.

"Ashleigh?" I heard them drop something and when I turned around the two ran up to me and captured me in a bone crushing hug. "You awake!!" Kayla and Kris. I hugged them back fearful that at least they where still in my life.

"Guys what happened, where am I?" They looked at each other confused.

"So you don't remember anything?" Kris asked. I shook my head worried for what they were going to say next. They sighed and whispered amongst themselves, I took this opportunity to take in the rest of my surroundings. Fishing string held up cans and hove caps, wrapped around the surrounding trees enclosing us in a box shape, they clanked slightly when they hit each other. These looked like, some sort of alarm system...or something that was used to keep something else out.

"Well.." I focused back on the twins who, no that I got a better look at them, looked filthy. "A few months ago you slipped into a coma after being shot by a group of bad guys. We didn't know what to do so we protected you from the walkers, till you woke up." That dreadful word, brought fear to my heart.

"Walkers?" I asked.

"Kaylee, you don't remember?" They said said in unison.

"Remember what?" I asked.

"Post-apocalypse? They bombed Atlanta about a year ago. This wild no longer belongs to the living. We are now apart of the world that belongs to the dead, walkers." my breathing increased after Kris finished explaining. That's why I woke up with no memories in my dream. If I'm now in the reality of The Walking Dead, then I can see Chandler again! Just in a different form.

I'm coming to find you, Carl Grimes.....

THE END

Now I leave how the story turns out in the end to you dear reader.
Will Ashleigh find Carl and be able to love again? Or will she perish trying in the fallen world of the dead?

The decision is yours...