Chapter 19

It's been three days since I've had that dream. And I just can't shake the fact that it might come true. Usually I would have forgotten about it and let it be, but given the state I'm in now with the whole 'this is not my reality' situation. Anything could happen. But a faint ghost smile appeared on my lips as I remembered the fun Chandler and I had together during these past few days, but it all leads up to today, I have to go back. I hesitantly got out of bed and trudged to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and sighed.

"I look like shit." And I did, my eyes were red, my lips were chapped, hair matted, and I had bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. Ever since Rachel kidnapped me I've been crying myself to sleep every night. I huffed and grabbed my brush, brushing though the rats nest I called 'my hair'. I brushed my teeth, did my makeup, and put on Chandlers flannel and light wash jeans. I put a camisole under the flannel and kept it open with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows. Finishing my outfit off I put on black combat boots, grabbed my phone and headed down stairs.

"Good morning sweetie, how'd you sleep?" My mom asked flipping a pancake.

"Ok I guess." I said taking a seat at the kitchen counter. I heard the sound of pounding footsteps racing down the stairs, signaling that it was Kayla and Kris.

"Heya sista sista, what's up?" Kayla says taking a seat beside me while Kris sits on the other stool next to me.

"Nothing why? What do you want?" I said skeptically narrowing my eyes.

"Can't we just check up on our favorite older sister?" Kris said.

"No, first I'm your only older sister and second, what is it you really want. Food? Money? Drugs?" I said, mom quickly turned around and scolded me.

"Ashleigh Camellia Evans!"

"Sorry, sorry! But hey...you never know." I said laughing at the end. She simply shook her head and continued to make breakfast.

"Can you take us to the park?" Kayla asked.

"Guys the park is literally right down the street, why can't you go by yourselves?" I questioned.

"Because they are only nine years old that's why." My mother said sternly while placing our plates in front of us.

"Fine, we can go at around 2:00. I have a few things to take care of." I quickly ate the rest of my breakfast and ran up the stairs to do what needed to be done.

***
I sat at my desk starring at the blank piece of paper lying under a pen.

"How am I gonna do this? What am I suppose to write?" I mumbled to myself. I took a deep breath and began writing.

............Forever and always,
Love Ashleigh

I had just finished my final word when I heard my window close. When I turned around I let out a shriek.

"Ch-Chan! W-what are you doing here?" I sniffled.

"I wanted to come see you. Were you crying?" He asked wiping a stray tear away. I must have started to cry while writing the letter. "Oh Ash." He embraced me tightly and I wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you Chan."

"I love you too Ash, but you gotta tell me what's been going on, I don't know if I can take seeing you like this all the time."

"I know, but you'll know everything soon...very soon." He nodded and released me just enough where he could plant a kiss on my forehead.