Ch. 14

I'm bored beyond belief. I've been sitting in my bed for two hours alone. It was 2:00. I took my phone off the side table next to my bed and went in my contacts. Callie, I couldn't call her, she's at a convention. Jasper, I couldn't call him, he's at his grandpa's birthday party. Chandler, he could be busy, I'll give it a try.

It went directly to voice mail.

I slipped my phone and walked out of my room.

"Ash!" I looked down the stairs and saw Kayla and Kris.

"Yeah?"

"Can you take us to the park? We're bored." Kayla said dragging out the or in bored.

"Sure, I have nothing else to do."

About twenty feet from the park I saw Chandler sitting on the swing set. His head was hanging down, he doesn't look to happy.

"Oooo, look it's Chan-Chan." Kayla and Kris giggled. I punched them in the arm. I bent down to their eye level.

"You guys go play on the jungle gym, ok?" The nodded and ran away. I casually made my way to the swing set and sat down. "Hey stranger." he looked up at me and smiled a little.

"H-hey." his voice cracked. i gasped and put my hand to his cheek. Chandler had a black eye and a fat lip.

"Oh my god, what happened?" I softly rubbed his cheek with the back of my hand.

"I got beat up."

"Who? Why!?" I felt so hurt seeing him like this, broken and pained.

"A couple guys were talking bad about you, calling you a slut and whore, so I was telling them to stop but when they got in my face I punched one and they beat me up." he stood up and took my hands. "I wasn't going to just let them say those things, I love you."

"I love you too."

After the park I was walking home with Kayla and Kris when I saw a trio of girls laughing and heading towards us down the sidewalk.

"Oh look it's the wanna be actress." Rachel. God, out of times she had to show up now, while I was with my kid siblings. He followers laughed at her snotty comment.

"At least my sister got the part, and where do you stand exactly?" Kayla said folding her arms.

"Shut your trap brat, before I shut it for you." Rachel bent down to Kayla's eye level.

"Watch it blonde, I can ruin your entire social life in two minutes if I wanted." an evil smile creeped across he face as she spoke. Rachel just looked mortified.

"Oh you do not want to get on her bad side. It ain't pretty." Kris said shaking his head.

"What's the matter Ashleigh, can't fight your own battles? Need your baby sibling to do it for you?" She said pouting.

"Haha good one, Rach." one of the girls said. I pushed the twins behind me and stared into the cold bitter eyes of the bully in front of me.

"Oh I can, I just don't feel like wasting my time on some lowlife that has nothing better to do, than to pick on others." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Need some ice for that burn, I think there's an ice cream parlor at the park?" Kris said,Rachel stood their with an angered expression and her face as red as a tomato.

"What's wrong, cat gotcha tongue?" Kayla said.

"Ugh, come on girls. I can just feel their loserness being rubbed off onto me." we watched as Rachel and her 'posse' walked away in our direction. Kayla, being the girl she is, held out he foot at the last second Rachel was passing by making her trip and fumble over herself.