𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9

Kaitos POV

I don't know why I'm constantly embarrassing myself in front of this girl. Our walk home was the best opportunity I've had today to make an actual move on her and I blew it by being the awkward bitch boy that I am. There were so many moments where I could've just asked how her day was going or any question that would keep a conversation going, I never knew I lacked so many social skills until now.

My mother raised me better than how I acted today, I was raised to ask for consent, but I was too damn nervous to ask if I could kiss her, so I just went for the kiss and ran. I'm literally so pathetic. Just because Rory was smiling ear to ear doesn't mean she enjoyed the kiss, right?

I didn't want her to think that I was just using her for her body, I actually really like her, I've liked her ever since her Instagram pictures started taking over my explore page.

Once I arrived home earlier, we immediately had dinner, mom has so much time on her hands now that she works at home and Kiki is becoming more independent. The dinner was amazing considering the last time I had eaten was at lunch with Rory. 

"Mom do you think you could start making me 2 Bentos for lunch? The school days are starting to feel longer and I'm getting hungry quick."

It didn't feel good lying to mom, she probably has caught on because I'm not good at lying whatsoever, but I need 2 Bentos for me and Rory now, I hope to be eating lunch together more often. Non the less mom agreed and passed it off as me just wanting to gain weight which was half true.

I'm now in my room lights off, windows closed, and LED lights on. Kiki sits on my chest playing adorable home on my phone as if her iPad isn't in her other hand right now.

We sit in silence which leaves me to drown in my thoughts, I and Kiki are both products of mom's reckless one night stands. She had me at 15 and Kiki at 29 giving us a 14-year age gap. Both our fathers aren't present which never bothered me but had more of an effect on Kiki, her first word was Dada when I was trying to teach her how to say Kaito, so I've been Dada for the past 2 years until just a few months ago.

I fill the absence of her father which scares the hell out of me, but it's just one of my responsibility's. A facetime call interrupts Kikis game, she groans handing me the phone. I pick up the call seeing it was Elijah, Kiki lays her head on my chest probably about to fall asleep.

I position my phone against Kikis head as Elijah's face comes through on my phone and I chuckle, he didn't have to be doing much to make me laugh he already has a funny looking face.

"What's so funny?" He asks genuine confusion written all over his face, I laugh even more but shake my head signalling that nothing was funny. He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever loser, I was just calling because you didn't hang out with us after school today, are you okay?"

Just because I wasn't with him and Eitan today doesn't mean I've gone delusional or something, but it warms my heart that he cares. "I'm fine, I was just hanging out with the girl you saw at the library."

His eyes widen at my words. "Okay, Kait I see you taking my advice this year. Did she let you hit it already or y'all playing the waiting game?" I sigh.

"Please don't speak on her with such disrespect, I for real like her." he nods his head in understanding, but an annoyed look still sits on his face. 

"So, you really like this girl huh?"

"I mean yeah that's kinda what I just said, idiot."

At the thought of Rory, a blush is on my face she's been my dream girl from the start, but from what I know she's also been Elijahs too. "This girl got you blushing, now you have to spill the tea about her. I've only seen the back of her from when she was running away from you."

We kind of run away from each other a lot now that I think of it.

"Wait before you start lemme add Eitan to the call so he can hear this." I would actually prefer talking to Eitan about Rory rather than Elijah, Eitan is the one with morals and no crush on Rory so he would support whatever I and Rory have going on.

Eitan joins the call with a goofy smile on his face, he's always smiling and willing to do anything. The three of us only see each other after school because Eitan attends an all-boys catholic school that he hates. Elijah fills Eitan up on what's going on while I rub Kikis head, she's asleep now.

"Okay, who is this mystery girl that you have fallen in love with?" Eitan demands answers with his heavy Israel accents seeping through. I may as well tell them now, if I don't, they'll just force it out of me tomorrow.  

"You guys already know who it is." My voice may seem nonchalant but the way my heart is beating says different, I grab the strawberry Ramune bottle from my nightstand and take a sip waiting for a reaction from the two. They look like they're deep in thought as if I have different girls lined up for me.

"Give us a hint."

This isn't a God darn guessing game, but I give them a hint anyways. "She's my Instagram crush." 

Now they look shocked, is it that hard to believe? Am I really that out of Rory's league? "You mean to tell us that the Instagram baddie we've been crushing on since forever actually goes to our school and was hanging out with you after school today?"

Damn, when he puts it like that, he makes it all sound like a dream, I sheepishly smile. "Well yeah."

They don't believe me but if Elijah were to randomly come to me with the same news, I wouldn't believe him either, I don't feel like arguing back in forth with them, so I share my screen with a picture of me and Rory.

Rory took the picture on my phone earlier while we were eating slushies her whole face is in the picture while only half on mine is, her blue tongue is out, her eyes are wide, and I just smile not catching on to the silly faces we were making. It was our first picture together and now one of my app widget icons, I hope that isn't too weird.

"Wow, that's crazy bro, I thought you were just messing with us." Eitan smiles at me, I'm glad he approves of me and Rory, Elijah on the other hand doesn't look happy nor sad his face holds no expression.  

I sigh, whether he likes it or not I really like Rory and I'm starting to think she likes me too. We both like her, but I got to her first I know it's not fair, but it's the way things work sometimes. Elijah chuckles darkly before leaving the facetime call.

I groan in frustration, I thought we could've talked about this in a serious less childlike matter but maybe not. Elijah is so used to getting what he wants when he wants especially with people he sleeps with, it's not even like me and Rory are dating, we just met today, yet he's already fucking pissed.

Eitan looks at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry bro." I shrug Elijahs childness is far from his fault.

"I think I should tell you something Kaito."

"Go ahead." I sigh.

"You're the one Elijah likes, not Aurora McKinney."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

AN: 😳😳😳

God, i love how much power i hold writing this story, i could really make these characters do whatever i want whenever, so yeah i made elijah kaitos best friend who has a huge crush on him. and what are you guys going to do abt it. 🤨😭 I'm sorry this is evil of me but we're at the ninth chapter and there wasn't enough conflict for my likings.

whats the weather like where y'all r?