𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 26

Auroras POV

"Cause you looked fucking scared talking to him. Can you please just tell me what he said?" Kai says desperately.

Our first actual argument is in the middle of an empty Walmart parking lot right after I had just been harassed by my ex-boyfriend and like all Halloween nights; it's eery outside.

"Fine," I huff out in defeat. "He told me that Juels lied about being pregnant with his baby just to break us up," I rush out in hesitation.

"You believe him?" Kai asks looking into my eyes.

I avoid eye contact. "It doesn't matter if I believe him or not. We're not dating so he doesn't really matter to me," I say truthfully. He doesn't really matter to me.

Of course, I don't believe Juels faked him being the baby father of her children just to break us up. It wasn't like we were some power couple that she was envious of, we were just a regular high school couple. The ending of our relationship was inevitable.

Seeing Kahlil get progressively worst every time I see him is bothersome, that's the only part I care about; his wellbeing. Is that so wrong of me?

Kai stares at me with eyes desperate for reassurance, he must not believe me.

I take off my seat belt turning my body towards him the same way he has his turned towards mine. I caress his cheek softly returning the long-awaited eye contact he's been earning for. He leans into my touch waiting for my words of reassurance.

"Kai, I promise you Kahlil doesn't matter to me. But, I do care for his wellbeing, that's it. Seeing him drunk and high like that honestly scares me."

Kai nods letting me continue on.

"I'm sorry I wouldn't talk to you about it earlier. I made a big deal about nothing."

"it's okay Rory," Kai finally smiles.

I lean back into my seat smiling as well. "Okay, now take me home I'm tired." 

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

I sit back in my seat in the middle of the classroom, beside me is a boy I don't know who has been staring at me for the past few minutes. I ignore his stares and focus on the assignment given, once I finish I take a quick picture and send it to the class group chat.

The boy beside me clears his throat signalling my attention to him, I raise an eyebrow. "Could you help me with this?" He asks. Maybe he's not in the group chat because I had just sent them the answers and now everyone is working on it.

"Sure," I shrug although there is a reason why the teacher is sitting at the front of the class.

I stand up from my seat and look at his worksheet which has eraser marks all over along with doddles of, Jennifer Lopez? I direct him on his work, I don't think he was paying attention. He would be the one to suffer because we have a test on this material next week Monday.

I sit back down in my seat and pull out a book from my backpack. It was a random book that Makie recommended to me the other day, I wasn't sure if I liked it but I'm still reading because Makie says it gets better.

"I like your tattoos," the boy says. His attention focused on the roman numeral tattoo of my mother's death date and my birthday. February the 8th, the day where I celebrate life and death. I look at my wrist wondering how he even caught a glimpse of it.

"Thanks," I smile trying to keep my mind distracted from the horrid day.

"What does the date mean to you?"