𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 18

Auroras POV

"Okay, lemme see the video again," I laughed hysterically, I really hoped Zara caught everything on camera because Denny crashing into the car was way too funny. After the race, we picked up our things and headed out the parking lot starting our walk back to my house so I could start cooking for them as if I was their slaves. 

We walk the sidewalk with groceries in our hands, I held Zaras phone in my face as I laughed at the video of Denny crashing on repeat. The boys walked closely behind us, Denny on Chris' back because he complained it hurt to walk, and Kai just being Kai. 

I turn back, checking on them since they were getting quiet. Denny was singing to himself, Chris was singing along, and Kai was staring at my ass. I turn my head back quickly, not wanting to interrupt his staring, I sway my hips back and forth wanting to put on a show for him. I don't think it did much though. 

Once we enter my apartment and pass by River who was still humped over in a corner, I take out the groceries and begin preparing the food. "Who wants to help me cook?" 

Silence. 

"Oh, okay, I see how it is," I say, fake hurt laced in my voice. I hear shuffling and whispers. I smirk knowing someone is being volunteered to come out and help me. As I'm cooking the chicken, from the corner of my eye, I see Kai being pushed into the kitchen, he smiles at me. 

"I can help." 

"Thank you, Kai," I said pecking his lips, he blushes as if we haven't kissed almost a thousand times today.

Although I'm quite bossy, Kai follows directions well and he learns quickly. He didn't know what we were cooking so he just did whatever I told him to do. 

Zara joins us in the kitchen putting her halal chicken alfredo in the microwave, she could've gotten herself anything, but she chose to get the same thing as us. 

We sit in the living room spread out weirdly while eating, I was sure Zara was sleeping over but I'm not sure when the rest are leaving. Gravity falls plays on the tv stealing the attention of us all. 

"Y'all know there gonna be a party tomorrow, y'all tryna go?" Chris interrupts the show, I stay quiet while everyone talks. If they go, I'll go.

"Who's throwing it?" Zara says.

"My homeboy, the one who's down low," Chris responds expecting us to catch on, nowadays every nigga is down low. I nod my head remembering when I caught him getting his dick sucked by some man, he paid me some hush money, and I stayed hushed.

"Yeah, it's his party, you going?" Chris says directing his question to me, I shrug.

"If y'all go, then I go." everyone agrees with me and we make a collective decision to go out tomorrow.

"Okay, y'all gotta get out of my house now." I wasn't sure when my dad was coming home, but I was sure it would be in the early mornings, I couldn't afford to give my dad a heart attack because they're 2 random boys sleeping in our home. 

The only people allowed to sleep over was Zara and Chris, but they slept over separately. The boys finish eating and I shoo them out of my home, it was getting late anyway. I stand at the doorway watching Chris poke at Rivers slumped body that still lays in the corner. "Y'all think he dead?"

Kai walks over to the body and checks for a pulse. "Nah, but he's passed out," he says with no concern.

"We just gone leave him here?"

"I mean, yeah, he's been like that for hours and we have nowhere to take him." 

Kai walks back to the door where I stand, he looks down at me smiling. I look up at him smiling, I go for an expected hug, he hugs back rocking us on the balls of our feet lightly. "See you later," I mumble in his chest.