𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 15

Kaitos POV

"Then we would carve a heart around it, to signify our love," Rory says proudly, I nod my head once again blushing. Her words give me butterfly's, the thought of us being in a relationship gives me butterfly's, everything about Rory gives me butterfly's.

I can't help but feel bad about how the morning went, I knew Elijah was going to try something with Rory because that's his character, but I wish it wasn't so early. "I'm sorry about Elijah, Rory, I really am." At this point, I bet I sound desperate.

"Kai, you don't have to be sorry, it's not your fault he's a pussy boy." She takes my hand leading us through the forest filled with many trees, I recognized most of the trees, I and Elijah attended this all-boys survival summer camp every summer until the 9th grade. I remember our last summer at the camp, we got a hold of alcohol from our camp counsellors and went crazy with it, that night Elijah had tried to kiss me.

"I still feel bad," I mumble more so to myself.

Rory turns to me smiling brightly. "Let's get back to school now." 

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

After school had ended Chris and Denny met me at the school entrance to hang out, Rory had to go to work and Zara was doing Zara things, so it was just us. "Where are we going?" I was the first to ask.

"To get slushies first of course!" Denny says as energetic as always, Chris nods in agreement and we start walking to the gas station. After getting our slushies, we were kind of stuck on where to go next. "Let's go to the mall!"

"Let's go to the skatepark!"

"No, we're going to get more slushies."

"Nah, let's go to Denny's, so we can shoot some hoops."

"Ooo we should go to Barnes and Noble's to bother Aurora."

They turn to me expectantly; I hadn't contributed to the conversation because all their ideas sounded fine with me, I shrug my shoulders leaning back onto the window of the gas station. Denny grabs a hold of my shoulders shaking me. "You pick what we do quiet boy!"

I laugh removing his hands from my shoulders, I was getting dizzy. "I'm cool with whatever guys, really."

"Looks like we're going to Dennys," Chris says moving up from his position, Denny was the only one of the friend group with an actual house, so I'm sure his place was the hangout spot aside from the treehouse.

We all get up from the ground making our way out of the gas station, my slushie and sour patch kids still weren't finished, I was a slow eater. Denny kept on sneaking glances at my candy, I quickly got the hint and gave him some, I needed to save a little for Kiki though.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"Y'all know Juels and, Auroras ex having they second baby."

I pause mid layup and mid 1v1 game-winning point against Chris, I drop the ball from my hands as Chris takes it and shoots a quick three tying the score. "Pause game," I shout, quickly walking to Denny, he sits on his porch looking at his phone intently.

"What do you mean by that Denny?"

"I mean Juels and Auroras ex, Kahlil is having another baby soon." I knew Juels was pregnant with someone's baby as she is every year, but I didn't know Rory's ex-boyfriend was the baby father, shit I didn't even know Rory had an ex.

"Who's Rory's ex?"

"Kahlil, you know that tall, fine dark skin nigga with mad sisters, he sell drugs," Denny says, I nod my head, I knew of him.