𝕮𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 27

Kaitos POV

"Suprise!" Rory shouts smiling widely at all of us.

"What are we supposed to be looking at cuz?" Chris asks looking at Rory with a raised eyebrow. 

"C'mon do y'all not see it?" Rory groans.

I hold Rory a little closer in my arms, looking down I start from her hair, it's still in the same hairstyle it was in yesterday. Her make-up look is still casual like every other day.

Ah, her teeth, she got her braces off. 

"Oh wow, your braces. They're off," I say in realization. Rory smiles wide showing off her perfectly aligned teeth. "You look beautiful princess," I compliment. She looks a lot older and mature now.

"Zara, I'm surprised you weren't the first to notice." 

"Huh, notice what?" Zara says looking up from her phone. She and Denny have been texting someone on her phone ever since we got here. 

"Who are you guys texting?" Rory asks. 

"Eitan," Zara mumbles with a blush played out on her cheeks. 

The bell rings making everyone go their separate ways throughout the school. Rory kisses my cheek before running off to her class, she always liked being early for everything. 

Walking into first period kids are all spread out in their assigned seating for when we take tests, I sit beside the blonde girl that reeks of sweat. She smiles at me and I lift my shirt only further up my nose. 

"Good morning students. I hope we all had a good nights rest because today, we have a test on the previous material we have learned over the past 3 months," Mr Backwood walks around the classroom handing out packets to everyone's desk. 

"This should be a basic review to the people who have been paying attention to my lessons," Mr Backwood goes on looking directly at the people in the class who don't pay attention. 

With the test packet upside down we wait for Mr backwood to tell us to start, I pull out the pencil that I stole from the library and wait till we're told to start on the test. 

"Remember no talking, eyes on your own work, once finished put the packet in my basket then silently read so others can finish themselves, and lastly, if you need help, I'm at the front of the room always willing to help." Mr backwood announces playing lofi music from his computer. "And... you may begin!" 

I flip the packet over and scan every question mentally answering everything, once done, I go back to the first question and answer everything with no problems. Within 45 minutes I finish the test only second in the class, the first kid to finish was a kid who's always competing with Rory academically. I think both of them are going to be the valedictorians of our graduating class. 

I stand up from my seat and put my test in Mr Backwoods basket, at the back of the classroom is a shelf filled with books. I don't enjoy reading but Rory does so it can't be that bad. Someone taps my back as I'm making my way to the back of the classroom. Pointing to the first question on the third page of the test, the boy looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. 

I try and remember what the answer is, he's on the multiple-choice portion so it can't be too hard. "A," I mumble quietly. He circles the 'a' and thanks me. 

I pick out a book that Rory would read 'boy' by Roald Dahl. It looks boring but I think I've seen it on Rory's bookshelf one time.

After 1st and 2nd period, I and Rory meet up for lunch.

"How'd the test go?" Rory asks taking a bite out of her chocolate bar. 

"It was easy as hell, basically all review," I shrug wrapping my arm around her shoulder. I pull her in close to my body trying to radiate as much heat as possible the hallways and classrooms were always so cold during the winter.