𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 20

Auroras POV

"C'mere, gimme a kiss," Kai mumbles pulling me close to him by the belt loops on my pants.

"No, you're literally so rude to me," I groan. He had just said I had a forehead like Megamind. I felt so insulted.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, baby," he says pulling me into a hug.

"No, cause what was the reason?"

"I thought we were pointing out the obvious." That makes it even worst.

He kisses my forehead, left cheek, right cheek, nose, and then finally my lips. Mumbling an 'I'm sorry' in between each kiss. "I'm so very sorry, Aurora McKinney that I said you had a forehead like Megamind. You just got a lot on your mind," he adds the last part causing me to detach from his embrace.

I go to my closet to hide from him, he was getting on my nerves. I sit on the ground and close the door shut, still hearing his ugly ass laugh from where he sits on my bed.

It was Sunday, the day after the party and he had come over to hang out with me or make me miserable. "Come out of the closet. I came here to hang out with you, not play hide and seek."

"Promise you won't be rude?"

"Yes, Megamin- I mean Rory."

"Ooo I'm tired of you!" I yell through the door.

"I'm sorry," he yells back laughing.

I open the closet door going over to him, I sit on his lap even while he's still laughing at me. "You're mean," I groan into his chest. He rubs my back softly as his laughter dies down.

"I'm sorry baby, I'll stop," he says in a serious tone.

"Good, I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Zara told me about what happened at the party when I was gone." I look up at him to see his reaction.

"You wanna talk about it or do you just want me to be here for you?" Zara said he was pretty shaken up after the encounter. That was probably why he was in a weird mood when we first entered the car, I should've asked him what was wrong instead of just assuming he was being awkward.

"I was just scared, I still am. I'm happy that I was able to catch the signs of an overdose, but I should've called the ambulance after I recognized the first sign. I don't know where his brother took him, I just hope he's okay. If he's not, it's my fault."

I pull his face towards mine making him look into my eyes. "Don't beat yourself up over this because you did good, most people would've stared and let him die. Considering his brother picked him up, let's just pretend for now that he's gotten him the help he needs. It's not your fault either." I pause,

"Besides people in the medical industry like you can't save everyone, they try, that's what matters. I know you did so good baby."

Kai looks up at me with tears welling in his eyes, I wipe them away quickly. If I see him cry, I know I won't be able to control myself. He digs his head in between my chest, at first, I was shocked, then realized he just needed someone to hug.

He takes a deep sigh then pulls his head up smiling with a blush on his face. "Thank you, Rory, I needed that."

I nod my head understanding. "Whatever happened to that Elijah kid?" It feels like forever since that little incident, I never even heard back from the principal about our punishment.

"He's irrelevant," Kai answers clearly not wanting to talk about him.

I scratch his head playing with his hair, letting silence fall in between us. "Ugh I have to go to work now," Kai says groaning while looking at the clock on my dresser.