Jacob - Surprise!

Reader and Jacob are bf and gf in this.

***

You and Jacob had been dating for a year already and it had been the best year of your life. You loved everything about Jacob. His smile, his laugh, his personality, his style. You were absolutely, head over heels for this boy. The only thing you wish you could change is the long distance part.

You were attending Columbia University in New York, majoring in (your major choice) while he lived near L.A. So it was a little tough sometimes maintaining a healthy relationship if your across the country from one another. But, you guys were still heading strong.

It was March 5th. The day before Jacobs birthday and the day before you fly out to L.A to surprise him on his birthday. His parents had contacted you a couple weeks back asking what you would think about surprising him on his birthday. You happily agreed. His parents had been kind enough to buy the tickets for you. As this was mostly their gift to him instead of yours. Of course, he had no idea. It was 11:32 your time while it was 8:32 his time. Y'all had been having a bit of a disagreement.

"Y/n! Pleaseeee!! Please get on a plane right now. Ok. Please. I want to be with you on my birthday. You can't miss my birthday. Please. I'll even buy the ticket!" Jacob had been begging and complaining the entire call about how you weren't there to spend his birthday with him, and how he wanted you to get on a last minute flight.

"Jacob, you know I can't. I have my midterms tomorrow." You reasoned to him. That was a lie. You actually had taken those a week ago. But to make the lie stick, you had to come up with some reason as to why you couldn't come.

"Please..." he begged. God, you hated lying to him. How badly you wanted to just ruin the surprise and say that you were actually coming. But you promised his parents you wouldn't say a peep.

"I'm sorry Jacob I can't" you said to him a little more firmly this time.

He just sighed. He looked like a sad little puppy. It was heartbreaking.

"I think I'm gonna go to sleep now..." Jacob said, avoiding eye contact through the camera.

You sighed. "Ok... Goodnight." You said. He muttered a quick goodnight before cancelling the call.

You groaned. This was not how you wanted leave things with him before tomorrow. But it was fine. Because you still get to see him tomorrow, and you know he'll be over the moon and forget about it.

You quickly got ready for bed and did one last check up to see if you had forgotten anything for your trip. You were leaving early the next morning so better you did it now than later.

You get into bed, put your phone on your charger and drift off to sleep.

***

You woke up at about 4:30 am and got dressed and ready to go. Your flight was at 6:30 and it would arrive at LAX at around 9:30 his time.

You got through the airport smoothly with no long lines or any interruptions. Your plane ride there was also peaceful. You used the 6 hour flight to work on some assignments due soon. You also relaxed and watched (your favourite movie). You arrived right on schedule. You texted Christina, Jacobs mom, to let her know that you were here.

The plan was, they throw Jacob a party. And when they're doing gifts, they'll bring you out. You were so excited to see him!

After grabbing your luggage you made your way towards the exit where people were waiting for their loved ones. Then you see Christina.

"Y/n! Over here!" She yells over to you.

A big smile covers your face as you run over to her. You both embrace each-other in a hug. "Hey!!" You said while hugging.