Chapter 18- keeping your distance

The past few months I've somehow seemed to find snows presence bearable and we actually spend time together every once and while I've also got really close with cam we hang out every day mother has been distancing herself from me witch I'm not sure why but I can never find the time to ask her I moved back into my old bedroom we cleaned up all the dust and it feels like home most the people have moved back into villages but some are still at the castle robin and I still aren't on the best terms but sometimes he'll come and check on see how I'm doing he even lets me around Roland now as long as he's present witch I still think is ridiculous today I planed to try and talk to mother and see what's going on I mean it's been a week sense we had an actual conversation and she's emotionally cut off I'm going to meet cam in the court yard this morning but I'm gonna grab my bow first I'm gonna show him how to use it today I head to the court yard to see him sitting and looking at the grass I furrow my brow and say "whatcha doin?" He turns to me and smile before handing me a 4 leaf clover I smile as he says "I'm looking for some luck" I furrow my brow and say in confusion "what for?" His checks turn a bright red and he says "can we talk later" I look to him confused but nod and stand "I brought my bow wanna try and shoot it" he nods with a smile and we head to the woods I hand him the bow why I set up the targets once I'm done I step back and grab the bow shooting it in the middle cams jaw drops and I say "the key is to Focus and stay calm at first it may seem difficult but it will gradually get easier" he nods and I hand him the bow moving his hands to the right spot I pull back the string with him and say "ok let go" he does and it hits the target in the bottom left he looks to me with a smile and I say "see it's easy" he looks to the ground shyly and I furrow my brow what the hells up with him I shrug and take out the 2 apples I packed handing him one we both sit on a tree stump and I say "I'm gonna talk to my mom today and try to see if somethings wrong like why's she distancing herself" he nods smiling sadly and says "I know how it bothers you she might not be meaning to she probably just has a lot of stuff on her mind... would you like me to come with you" I shrug and look to him "maybe you could wait outside" he nods with a smile and says "of course" we practice for about an hour before heading back to the castle to see if I can find mom I head to her room to see if she's there first I look to cam and he gives me a supportive smile before I knock I wait a few seconds and hear mothers voice "come in" I take a deep breath and turn to cam before stepping in I close the door behind me and turn to see mother on the couch reading something I walk over and say "hey" before Sitting down beside her "I taught cam how to use a bow today he actually wasn't awful at it but he did-" I'm cut off by mother sighing and saying "Charlotte please not right now" I furrow my brow as she puts her head in her hands not looking to me I stand and walk out not saying a word I close the door and turn to cam he smiles and I step forward looking to the floor as he says "so how'd it go?" I shake my head and start walking tored my room cam comes with me and I slump down onto my bed he sits beside me and puts a hand on my leg I turn around finally letting my tears take over and put my head onto his chests sobbing he holds me close stroking my hair "I know it hurts for her to ignore you but she can't do it forever" I nod sniffling and pull away from him smiling sadly I look up to him to see him staring at me I meet his eyes and look to him confused as he brings his hand up and cups my face before leaning in and placing his lips on my own my eyes widen but I kiss back putting my hand onto his shoulder he pulls back seconds latter and I say in confusion "what was that" he puts his head agents mine and I look into his eyes as he says "your to beautiful to be crying" he wipes the tears from under eyes with his thumb and I smile sadly hugging him close taking in his strong smell "thank you" he smiles and nods "anytime"...

Cams POV-

I hold Charlotte close for a while and just play with her hair but I look down and notice she's asleep a smile breaks across my face and I place a kiss on her temple before slowly moving her off me so I can get up I untie her shoes and pull them off before pulling the cover out from under her and covering her so she won't get cold I put her shoes beside her bed and take out my notepad so I can write her a note