Ch. 19

~Ch. 19~

(Em's POV)
I got in the car once I told the cops what happened here. Rushing my way to the hospital, going beyond speed limits, and thankfully avoiding all possible speeding tickets. I parked in the car in the space nearest to the hospital entrance and rushed inside. The auto sliding door opened and the stench of medicine and waxed floors filled my nose. I rushed to the front desk where a nurse was busy doing nothing.

"Hi do you know where patient (y/n) (l/n) is?!"

She sighed searching through the computer, "Hold on."

I growled, holding back the impatience I had building itself quickly.

The nurse said, "3-15. 3rd floor room number 15."

"Thank you!" I said rushing toward the elevator and repeatedly pressing the button to go up because it was taking too long to god damn arrive. Screw it, I took the hospital stairs. Rushing up so fast and accidentally bumping to multiple people on the way, I made the 3rd floor, searching for signs that directed me toward room 15. I found it and headed left.
10...11...12...13...14...15!!! I saw Emily in a chair nearby room 15. A box of tissues next to her as she sobbed. I was about to enter but nurses came in my way. 

One said, "Sir, please wait outside."

I growled, "Let me fucking see her!"

"She can't be seen at the moment."

"I don't fucking care! Just let me see (y/n)!" I yelled.

Emily grabbed me pulling me back, saying in tears, "It's no use! They wouldn't let me in either!" My eyes began watering as I was farther and farther away from the door. Eventually I just sat down next to Emily and wept quietly. I felt my heart slowly start to stretch where it was about to snap.

"IT'S ALL MY FUCKING FAULT!!!" I screamed, punching the wall behind me.

Emily rubbed my back, saying gently, "No no it wasn't-"

"I SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE FOR HER!" I said my face dampening from my tears.

Emily said quietly, "I'm glad for (y/n)."

I looked at (y/n)'s sister strangely.

She continued, "I'm so happy (y/n) found a man really willing to be there for her. 36 years old and every man before you, stomped on her heart."

"She deserves so much more than what I have..."

I mumbled. "And she got that."

"How?"

"You."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well first of all, Eminem, (y/n) always mentioned that she wished sleep with you-better yet lose her virginity to you. And both of those things happened."

I laughed.

Emily added, "Secondly, you gave her yourself. You gave up so much to her like she gave up her care to me. I can tell, even though not being a white rapper myself, I can tell you truly do love her. And because I love my sister so much, I can't thank you enough for that. "

"Yeah cause I do. I really fucking love (y/n) to death-"

A teenage boy came up to me with a pen and paper, "Hey Eminem, can you please sign this?"

I growled. Fucking really? This is seriously why I wrote "The Way I Am."

I was about to cuss them out but Emily said to him first, "Now's not the time. Em's in a bad position."

The teenage boy grunted walking away. "No I won't sign your autograph you can call me an asshole I'm glad..." The lyrics of "The Way I Am" started playing my head, the emotion I had in the song reflecting the same image as the way I felt right now.