Ch. 51

~Ch. 51~
(Y/n POV)
God was I tired. I opened the door to my home. What's the point of just calling it Em's house now that we're engaged. I trudge to in, kicking my shoes off then walking my back hunched then plopping on the couch on my back. Now that I've got a kid growing inside of me, I felt the usual day at the factory felt like a fuckload of work when it wasn't. Em walks in, chugging Red Bull. I rub my baby bump gently, sighing. 6 more months...

Em sits on the couch with me, grumbling, "Long day at work for you, too?"

I nod, "Yeah..."

Em slowly rubs my baby bump saying, "But being reminded I'm going to be a father for our kid makes up for all that."

I laugh, "By the way, be honest, what does Hailie think of having a future step mother and step brother or sister?"

"She's happy really. She told me word for word she thought you were really good. You're really good at making impressions."

"Eh," I shrug, "I guess. Maybe it's also because she's happy as hell you and Celeste are done."

He chuckles, "That, too."

I smile. Speaking of kids, "Hey Em."

"Hm?"

"Know any good names for our baby? At the top of my head, all I got is Marshall Bruce Mathers IV."

He rubs his chin, thinking for a moment, "Stanley. Stan for short?"

"That could be one but we have to use names not just related to you."

"Yeah...how about Rory?"

"Okay."

"Or Mickey? Or Jack? Or-"

"You've been watching way too much Doctor Who."

"Shut up you got me into it."

Rolling my eyes, I add, "Girl names?"

"Celeste? Just kidding," he chuckles

I shake my head, "Catherine?"

"Marissa?"

"Tiffany?"

"Sabrina?"

"Kelsey?"

"Abigail?"

Shaking my head from the name craziness, I say, "How about just wait till we find out the baby's gender?"

Em nods, "You're right. Let's do that."

~Next Day~
(Em's POV)
I grabbed my car keys and yelled, "BITCH HURRY UP!"

(Y/n) came down, "Jeez someone's in a hurry."

"I want to know my kid's gender!"

"No need to hurry about it. I can't go as fast now that out kid is growing inside me."

I sigh, "Fine, just let's go."

~Hospital~
After having the ultrasound, me and (y/n) waited for the results. I was squirming in my seat, fidgeting with impatience. Man was I excited. (Y/n) looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" I ask.

"Dude, I get it's exciting but don't have to exaggerate how happy you are."

"I'm not exaggerating! I really am this happy!"

"Okay can you be happy without acting like a dumbfuck?"

"Bitch-"

"Oh wait you're not acting, it's your nature."

I punch my fiancé's arm playfully. She snickers. The doctor walks in and says happily, "Congratulations! Twins! A boy and girl!"

I dropped my jaw. 2?! I hugged my fiancé close, kissing her cheek.

She says; "Thank you, Doc."

"Hey no problem."

~Home~
(Y/n POV)
"Alright for the boy we'll do Marshall Bruce Mathers IV," I said when he decided on our boy, "Now for the girl..."

Em stroked his chin thinking thoroughly, "(y/n) Mathers?"

"Nah."

"Oh! How about Skylar!"

"Dude I know where you got it from," I said, "we have to stop using things related to you or any of your music ad much as I love it."

"But it sounds good!"

"True..."

"And I don't want to have to think of more names."

"Fine you're right. Skylar Mathers it is."

~~~~~
I was busy creating the baby shower invitations on my computer. I had like a floral red border with the symbol of male and female in the center, and the words "They're twins!" in bold Times New Roman font.

I sigh. Em walks in tossing his invite list on the table. I look at it, saying, "Well definitely longer than mine."

"Who'd you invite?"

"Well Emily, Tony, Dylan, Tanner, Jake, Dan, my friend Hannah who works at Goodwill...and then no one."

"What about your mom?"

I stood still, and then said, "Would you really think I would?"

"(Y/n) you can't just-"

"No."

"She should come. She'll be the future grandmother."

"She is a grandma. Dylan remember?"

"Okay but still you can't just do that to your own mom. She's family."

"Not to me."

"(Y/n) stop that. Just invite her, talk to her about it, settle the problem, control your temper. Take a real good hint to that last one.

"Yes DAD."

"Bitch I'm not that bossy."