Ch. 45

~Ch. 45~

(y/n POV)

~Emily's House~

Dylan cried loudly for his bottle. 

Tony said picking him up, "Alright buddy, turn that frown upside down." He feeds him the bottle, instantly quieting my nephew. 

Emily walks in and crouches next to her fiance showing her phone screen, "Tony, what do you think of this cake?"

Tony looks at it impressed, "It looks promising. How much?"

"$800."

"For a cake?! God damn-ow!"

Emily pulled Tony's ear, scolding, "No bad words in front of your son."

Tony pouted as he kept feeding Dylan. I sat in Em's lap on the couch, flipping through channels. Today we just wanted to hang out at my sister's place just for fun and cause I wanted to see my beloved nephew Dylan, my sister Emily, and my future brother-in-law Tony that me and Em haven't visited in 2 months.

Emily asked me, "(y/n), do you want to go dress shopping with me for my wedding dress-"

"No. You know how much I f-" I cut myself off before cussing knowing Dylan was in the room, "how much I hate dresses."

"Just go," Marshall said encouraginly.

"No! I have no fashion sense!"

"Does that explain your first and most terrible blind date?" Emily said giggling.

I narrowed my eyes on her, "Oh shut up."

The doorbell rang. Tony set Dylan down in his crib, standing up and yelling, "Coming!"

He went to get the door. I looked at the TV screen to see a football game on. I wasn't much into them but Em made me watch them with him. I hear the sound of the door opening but the voices of Tony and the person at the door were deaf to me considering the volume of the TV. Tony came back and I looked up and then my eyes turned cold as I saw the person behind him.

"(y/n), Emily your mom wants to talk to you two." Tony said

My face hardened as I saw the woman who crushed my Dad's heart. Fucking hell like I wanted to see her right now.

Mom stood there waving gently at me, "Hi sweetie..."

I just turned my head back to the TV forcing myself to enjoy football so I didn't have to face her.

Em whispered in my ear, "C'mon baby, just talk to your mom."

"No," I said gritting my teeth.

He says, "It's for the best."

"No."

My boyfriend sighs, "(y/n) just-"

"No is my final answer-"

"(y/n) please." Emily said holding my hand, "just give mom a chance."

I growled, "Fine. Marshall, Tony, take Dylan to another room and cover his ears."

Em nodded sitting up and picking my nephew up. Mom sighed and just sat in the empty couch in front of the one me and Emily sat. 

"It's been a while hasn't it, (y/n), Emily?"

Emily starts, "Yeah it has-"

"I thought I told you I didn't ever want to fucking see you." I said coldly, arms crossed over my chest.

Mom sighs, "Look honey I know hearing I'm remarrying-"

"No, you don't fucking get it do you, Leslie (l/n)?! I mean you said at the church 36 years ago, 'forever and always' to my Dad and then next thing I know is that you fucking cheated on him 4 times even after swearing you'll hang yourself if you did! Shouldn't you be dead by now then?!" I spat at her.

"Honey, I know I couldn't keep the promise-"

"No Leslie!" I said standing up and pointing at her, "you didn't even know what 'forever and always' fucking meant and that's what got you into this fucking mess! I really wish Dad didn't sit in the chair, but at least have him sit in the chair happy. But you fucking jinxed it."

"Sweetie, your father was going to die! We all saw it coming! You really think I want to be a widow-"

"Oh so that's what it is?! Divorcing with Dad to keep an image?! Leslie (l/n) you just make me even more sick-"

"Why the hell are you calling me by my first name, (y/n) (l/n)?! I am your mother!" she yelled at me.

"A mother?" I came back, eyes narrowed, "A mother lies, cheats, breaks promises, and is never there for her daughter through her entire childhood?!"

Mom gaped her mouth open, "How dare you-"

"You know it's true mom. You were always at work while Dad fucking quit his job after Emily was born to take care the both of us. And guess what mom, while you were at that hair salon shaving people bald, Dad was in the car rushing to get me to the hospital after I overdosed to fucking kill myself!"

Mom gasped, tears trickling down her eye, speechless

I said, "You know why I never told you about this till now? Because you were never there for me...so what was the fucking point if that situation happened again...and it did...but Dad was there..."

She was still speechless, in fact just staring off into space...

"Mom...do you really know what the word 'mother' means?" 

Mom grabbed a tissue box, sobbing, "Oh sweetie. I-I-I'm sorry-"

"Don't fucking bother. I'm done." I grunted getting up and making my way to the room that Em and Tony were in.

"(y/n)! (y/n)!" Emily called to me. I ignored it and just went inside the kitchen seeing Em and Tony playing peek-a-boo with Dylan. I stood there, a cold frozen statue, still as ever. I leaned against the wall, a teardrop forming in my eye...it hurts to bottle it up inside...and I've done it for 36 years...it's too long...why didn't I realize it was too long. I feel Marshall's warm embrace, accepting it without hesitation, then crying on his arm, his skin getting wet and clammy from my tears. I felt my Rap God's warm lips press against my forehead, just a brush of them enough to cleanse my heart of the burdening dark pain it held for too long. 

"It's okay, (y/n)...I'm right here...and I ain't going anywhere..." he said.

I clung onto him at the sound of those words because that's just what I needed to hear.