Chapter two

Gown

I lifted my head up from the letter and stared at my mother with a gaping mouth as she smiled evilly. "No mother please!" I pleaded, "I am still young!"

I would do anything to get away from my mother, but I would pick listening to those words of hers and getting hit by her one hundred times rather than getting married to thee Clyde Reed Dandrige.

I heard he is ruthless, merciless. People say he has requested to be the leader of the torture department just to hear the screams of pain.

He feeds on the pain of others, he smiles at the sight of blood. He craves stapping, punching and torturing people.

"Please ma'am, I will do anything," I said as she stared at me, but I could tell she is not in this reality, she is way behind the beyond. By her mischievous smile, I could tell that she had planned far into the future, I could see her picturing everything that will change for the better, not for me, for her of course. I could see that she has made up her mind and nothing will change whatever she had planned this very second. "Please."

"Get back to work," she said in a hurry as she walked to the front door, "I will be back... Whenever."

"Yes ma'am" I nodded with an eager smile as I rushed back to the living room ready to clean every single item more than I already do. Maybe she did hear me, maybe she will keep me to be the best maid she could ask for.

She came back a few hours later, as soon as I heard the front door being opened, I ran to it with a huge smile on my face wishing she is going to keep me.

"Hello, mother!" I said excitedly, but soon my smile faded when I saw the green long gown she held, "w-what's that?"

"Your gown." She smiled, not for me, but for the better life she is going to have soon, "After all these years, you are finally useful."

I didn't know whether to cry or smile at her last line.

"A gown for what?" I asked, acting clueless even though I know exactly what it was for.

"stop being stupid, will you?" She threw me a disgusted look, "you will get married to the one and only Clyde Reed. There must be a ball beforehand, we better as well be prepared or he will cancel because of your ugliness miss 'glorious' " she smirked and rolled her eyes at the thought.

"How did you afford this dress?" I asked.

"I Borrowed it of course." She answered.

"I'm shocked people keep letting you borrow their things even though they know you never return them." I shook my head in disapproval.

"do you have a problem with that?" She dared, looking deep into my soul.

"No ma'am," I replied.

"You better not." She rolled her eyes once again and turned around to her room with the gown still in her hand, "I will keep this safe, who knows what you stupid brain might ask you to do. Burn it? Cut it into pieces?"

I took a deep breath feeling my eyes watering, I Sat down on the living room's sofa burying my head in between my hands thinking about every possibility.

"Why me?" I questioned, whispering to myself.

"Because God knows I had a hard life with you around." Mother spoke, making me jump in my place as she took a bite out of her green apple. "I deserve the life I will be having soon."

She deserves nothing but the fire of hell burning her over and over again.