Chapter twenty-two

One call away, approval.

"Come on," Clyde said as soon as he left his office. "We are leaving," he approached me, took my hand and yanked me away from the chair I was sitting at.

"Hey!" I said, "I am still talking to them!"

"Yeah man," Nolan said. "The day isn't over, and your girl is so much fun."

"Yeah," agreed Ryan. "Stay a while longer."

"No," Clyde simply said and we got out, without saying goodbye. So I waved at them quickly from afar.

We got into the car, and he immediately drove off as soon as we hopped inside and closed the doors.

After a ride of silence, he finally spoke, "I have something to inform you."

"What?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest and looking straight out the road. "That you are sorry to treat me like a kid and not letting me make my own decision?"

"No..." he said, "I was not treating you like a kid."

"Yes you were."

"I was just protecting you."

"From what?" I asked, "your friends?"

He shook his head, clearly not wanting to argue. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him shifting his gaze back and forth from me and the road. Then he reached his hand and tickled me slightly on my side. "Hey!" I said, but I could not hide my smile.

"I got the tickets," he said, with his serious face back on as he focused on the road ahead. I looked at him puzzled, not understand what he was talking about. "Flight and hotel tickets," he explained, my eyes opened wide with a huge smile on my face. "The hotel place is safe, I Checked twice-" he paused, "Maybe more."

"Oh my god Clyde!" I spoke excitedly, practically jumping in my seat. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I gave him a side hug, then immediately pulled away when I remembered we were in the car. "Is that what you were working on?"

"Of course not," he said. "That is not work, I got the tickets about to days ago."

"And you did not tell me," I shock my head unapproving his actions. "I will forgive you this time just because you approved my trip," he rolled his eyes."When Is it?"

"Next week," he answered.

"That is so exciting!" I clapped my hands slightly then looked out the window thinking of everything I might be able to do.

When we got home, he called me in his room so I went. He handed in a box what looked like a- brand new iPhone box. "What should I do with that?" I asked.

"What everyone is supposed to do with a phone." He answered.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't want a phone, I do not know how to use one anyway."

"You will have to," he said. "Just in case you want anything while you are away, I am one call away." He paused, "I will teach you, it's simple." I nodded.

He ended up teaching me the basics, he asked me what kind of apps I wanted and I told him I want none. So my phone is empty, with nothing but his phone number, house number and work number.

"Where am I going by the way?" I asked.

"South of the kingdom," he answered.

I did not mind it wasn't outside, to another counties. I am pretty eager to visit the south, I never have been. It is more modern than this side of the country, with so many malls and entertainment. I cannot wait.