Chapter fourteen

Family, games, laughter, Clyde.

Clyde's point of view:

I woke up early in the morning and got ready for the gathering. I made sure that everything is ready and perfect. After I wore my suit this morning, I kept shuffling from place to place to wanting a single mistake. I stood behind the chief which made him uncomfortable I could say and it made me relax a bit when I saw his clean work. Then I checked the dining table and made sure that the cups and plates are clean as well. I might be over worrying, but my family tends to look into every mistake and pick on it.

"is Eleanor up yet?" I asked Destiny.

"Yes," she answered. "I just woke her."

"Make sure she doesn't take long getting ready, my family will show up at any time, they never give a heads up."

She nodded, "I will go back in, I will make sure she gets ready as soon as possible."

-

After about half an hour, Eleanor walked down the long stairs, wearing a beautiful yellow dress, her hair in a low bun with a few strands let loose showing her natural curls.

"How much longer are you going to stare for?" She questioned, snapping me back.

I cleared my throat, "Sorry" she giggled which brightened her eyes, her smile could alight a whole room if she wanted to. I shook the thought away, "Right on time, my family's carriages are right outside."

She rushed down the stairs and stood beside me, her breathing fastened "relax," I whispered as the front door swung open and I immediately intertwined our arms. "You are doing just fine." We took few steps forward and smiled at the faces of my family members who go inside.

"Brother!" Darius spoke loud and clear as always as he opened his arms for a hug, so I hugged him. Then his dark-skinned wife and daughter turned into view.

I bowed to the wide right before I carried his daughter who jumped into my arms. "Alicia!" I smiled wide, "haven't seen you in so long

"I asked daddy to see uncle Clyde but he didn't allow it until today!" She spoke in a confident tone as she eyes her father, challenging.

"Brother!" I exclaimed, looking at Darius trying to hold back my laughter. "How dare you? You can't say no to an uncle-niece reunion!"

"That's right!" She said, causing the whole family to laugh, including Eleanor.

I soon let Alicia down and talked with my father beside Eleanor. She was shy and nervous but she did just great. I have one sibling, but I am apart of a big family; a huge amount of cousins. so I don't blame her, it is a lot to take in.

She ended up going outside to play with the kids, leaving me stuck inside with so many questions and conversations with my endless family members. The most repeated question is where is Eleanor, so I walked outside to bring her back inside. I saw her playing with the kids around the wide nature in front of the castle, she ran around and they tried to catch her. Their laughter filled the place which gave me an unusual warm feeling through my heart.

I didn't want to stop the fun, but she had to come inside or my family won't stop complaining and asking.

"Willie," I spoke. "Call Eleanor for me, will you? My family are expecting to converse with her."

"Of course, sir" he bowed and walked away. "Mistress," he called as he rushed behind her, with his hand resting behind his back. "Mistress"

"Yes, Willie," she turned away from the kids to face him, causing her dress to move as she twirled. "How may I help you?"