Chapter twenty-eight

Talks under the night sky stars, I am ready.

I walked without a destination, then ended up climbing a small Hill and stayed up gazing at the stars. It reminded me of Clyde's place, but it was way smaller and lower. I could not see the whole city from up here, just like his place allowed us to look at the town.

Without thinking, I dialled Clyde's number and listened to it ring, without hesitation or the urge to hang up. I removed my heels while I waited and lying down on the dirty ground.

"Hello," his raspy tired voice spoke through the phone, I suddenly felt guilty for calling this late.

"I know it's late," I said. "I am sorry"

"No it's fine," he assured. "I am at work anyway."

"Oh," I murmured. "Then I better hang up"

"Nah I am just waiting for Nolan and Ryan to find the files I need to work on," he complained,"I told them to organise the files, and here they are, missing another one." I chuckled, "not funny"

"No I know," I redeemed."I didn't mean that, it's just- I can't believe I am saying this but, I kind of miss hearing you complain and- I don't know"

"You do now, don't you?" I could see a smirk forming on his face even though I can't actually see him.

"Stop your ego," I said."You won't hear any complements from me due to that.

"Fine," he said. "Alright tell me, how is it over there? What are you currently doing?"

"Well," I said. "I just ditched my friends back at the club and I am currently on top of a small Hill gazing at the stars." I paused,"that sums it up i guess..."

He chuckled, which made me smile. I have missed that, not that he did it often...

"Is it that bad?" He questioned

"Don't be happy just yet," I said."I actually like it here, but I don't know what happened tonight. I guess I felt suffocated and wanted to leave."

"Of course you did," he said."Clubs aren't for you."

"What is it you mean!" I snapped, sitting up. "They totally are! I enjoy them, but i wasn't in the mood for it tonight."

"So..." He paused, "your night's mood is me then?"

"Oh shut up!" I couldn't help but blush, "since you can't seem to be able to leave your ego behind, I would like to politely hang up."

"No wait!" He said urgently, stopping me from hitting the button. "Please don't," I sighed as I placed the phone back onto my ear. "I barely got to talk to you since you left"

"Someone's showing his emotions," I said. "Are you sure you are Clyde?" He chuckled, I lied back down. I breathed in silance while the phone was still glued to my ears. He was silent too, but it did not feel awkward at all. "Clyde?" I had no idea what I wanted to say, but it just felt right to say his name, to let him speak, for me to hear his voice again.

"Yeah?" He let out a breath murmur which caused my heart to stop a little.

"How are you?" I questioned.

"Good" he answered.

"No, truly," I said."How are you?"

He took Deep breath in then out, "Well, I am exhausted" he answered honestly. "Work is hard as you may know, and- well home is silent, so, it's not like I look forward to go back to hear your annoying flower talks with Destiny, or your laughter. Or watch you from my balcony as you paint-" he stopped talking, realising that he said more than he should have.

I breathed in, my heart beats racing like it have never before. Not because of being afraid of my mother, or because of running, it just- a different kind of heart beats. "That's creepy," I said, making him laugh. "Watching me from your balcony?"

"Well, I got to admit." He said, "your paintings are beautiful."

"Right," I said, a smile still on my face. Then it suddenly disappeared as an idea crossed my mind. I took a deep breath, then spoke, "I am ready to come home."