Chapter thirty-one

Tell me everything, Play-pretend.

Eleanor's point of view:

The rest of the ride was silent, each one of us was sitting at the edge of the opposite side. I do not know why I can't stop talking and enjoy a moment, but again, it is the truth that was meant to be told.

As soon as entered my room, tears poured out of my eyes. I threw myself on my bed and buried my face into my white pillow to cry some more. I thought of what we were going to have, so be specific, I thought of what I ruined before we have had it. I scared him off, maybe because I was scared.

I wiped my tears and opened my phone and dialled Zoey's number immediately.

"Excuse me but-" she spoke through the phone, "Why are you talking to me? Aren't you supposed to be all lovey-dovey with your man?" I took a breath which came out shaky, I bet she sensed it. "Oh no, how did it go?"

"Awful!" I admitted, "Well not at the beginning- it went amazing, but then I- you know, messed it up."

"of course you did..." She said and I rolled my eyes. "Tell me everything."

So I did, I told her every detail. From how it felt amazing being that close to him, thr kiss, the fact that he likes me back. But then, I told her what my stupid mouth started talking about. Scaring him off like that.

"Okay," she took a deep breath ready to tell me what she thinks of everything I have told her. "The way you told him was not- great. But, what you said is the truth. If he is going to act like how he acted, getting all scared and backing out. Then, it's his loss, pick someone else honey he does not deserve you." She said, "trust me you don't want to be with cowards."

"Oh right, pick someone else." I mocked, "as if it's easy."

"Alright," she spoke. "For now, just act like nothing happened, and wait and see. Give him time to think, if he comes around then, that's great. If not, again, screw him. Pick someone else."

"Are you listening when I am telling you that it's not my choice?" I spoke harsher than intended. "We are in an arranged marriage, there is no way out. We will be officially married in less than a year."

"Oh right, royalty and all that crap-"

"Zoey!" I said, "it is not crap, I am telling you the truth from day one and you keep wanting to act as if it's a play-pretend. It's not, everything I told you is real. I am engaged to a prince"

"Oh-" she spoke, realisation showing in her voice. "Small town girl arranged to marry a prince? Living in a real castle and everything?"

"Yes," I let out a breath.

Moments of silance pass by then she breaks out laughing, "Right, as if" Oh my god this is harder than I thought. "Invite me to the wedding then."

"I will," she was joking, but I am serious.