Chapter twenty-six

None sense

I spent nearly every day with them. And don't get me wrong, it was fun. But I am starting to get that feeling back, that none sense feeling about Clyde. Thinking of every conversation, every smile he had on his face. And most importantly, the last conversation I had with him before I left. I did not contact him, which I felt bad for. He asked me to inform him when I arrive so that's the only time I have contacted him. Yet, he keeps transferring money into the card he gave me whenever I use it. So it would never go down.

It's not that I do not want to talk to him, it's just that I am confused. And I want to spend this vacation thinking about myself and no one else. Because I will end up going back there anyway. And I will have all the time in the world to think about it.

But I just couldn't... My mind kept wandering to that place, to him.

I picked up my phone and stared at his phone number for a moment, debating whether to call him or not. It feels like the longer I go without talking to him, the harder it becomes to do so. It was not like this when I was at the castle, it might be the distance? I am not sure.

I pressed the green button, knowing that I will hang up on him after the first ring. But what I did not expect, is for him to pick up the phone right away.

"Eleanor?" He spoke through the phone, as soon as I heard his voice, it somehow made everything easier.

"Hi," I said. "How are you?"

"I am good now," he replied. "How are you?"

"I am alright," I said, then paused."Sorry about not talking to you sooner..."

"It's okay," he said. "I am glad you called."

"Come on Ell," Zoey called out to me, she spent the night since she was tired after the swim last night. "We got to go."

"Hold on," I told Clyde as I kept him on the line waiting while I turned my attention to Zoey. I did not bother to mute him though. "Where?"

"We are going to Delilah's then we will head to Mateo's club together. The twins are downstairs waiting" she informed.

"Where is Asia then?" I asked.

"She is already on her way to Delilah." I gave her a look, knowing they don't get along. "Yep," she said as if she read my mind. "We have to go before they tear each other apart."

"Okay, I will be right down" I said and she nodded as she left the room. I turned my focus back to Clyde, "Well, you heard that" I chuckled. "I will have to go, I will call you soon."

"Alright," he said, I could not read his emotions, his voice was steady "I see you have made friends"

"Yeah," I smiled even though he can't see. "They are great."

"I will let you go but," he paused. "Do you know when you will be back?"

"I have not thought about it yet," I answered."I will text you when I know."

"oh," I could hear hurt this time. "Okay, take care." He hanged up the phone before I could ask him to do the same. I took a deep breath then picked up my bag and went downstairs and immediately got into the twins' car.