Chapter fourty-five

Bullet

I took Clyde's phone, and download instagram to communicate with Zoey since I have lost my phone and I do not remember phone number.

"Oh my god thank god!" She'd texted back. "I heard what's going on where you are, and you did not reply to any of my texts of phone calls. I thought something happened to you."

I called her and filled her with everything that has been going on. She offered to come and fight besides us, but I did not let her. I don't want her death to be because of me. It is enought that Clyde is not backing down, we come back her in this basement with bruises and cuts. One day we won't be able to come back here to all. I will be lying in the middle of the city, dead, by the enemies attack.

I know Clyde said we will give them war, we won't try to make amends but... I demanded Willie to send out a letter to them. If what I planned truly happens, Clyde will think they give up and they will think that Clyde asked for peace. That way, everyone's ego and pride remains. Well, until they find out years later but that would be something in the past that they dure don't want to experience again.

A week later, I did receive a response. They said they won't back down unliss we give them what they want. Money, food, soldiers.

I sent another letter.

Dear salona, a country next door who we cared about. I am sending this letter, trying to make a peace pact that can put an end to this. No more lost soul, no more fighting. You cannot expect to get everything your way, we need to work together to come up with a solution. That will satisfy us both. We did provide you with all you asked before this war, yet you betrayed us and broke down our valuable bridge with our beloved people. We will keep helping you with your crisis, just like we did once before. If you back away. But you can't expect the king to forgive easily, so you will have to wait until you gain his trust back. What good have you got out of this war of yours? You know well enough we are stronger than you are, even by such invasion that you started.

Regards, Dandrige family.

I made sure Willie send it out before I got ready to go back out there. No matter how many times I went out to fight, it is as scary as the very first time. Because you never know when it will be the last.

We had an amry with us, but we were the target our enemies wanted to get rid of.

Everything was going alright, until suddenly a lot of our men and women fell from the continuous shots on our direction. Clyde suddenly threw himself in front of me and pushed me back to safety, we sat in front of a wall to protect our backs. Our weapons ready in hand and that's when I heard Clyde wince in pain. I looked to my right, we're he closed his eyes shot and pushed a hand onto his side.

"Clyde?" I spoke, starting to panic. I lifted his shirt up, he was bleeding. We both wore protection vests, but they did not cover our sides. "Clyde!" I screamed this time, not knowing to to do.

He smiled at me and fitched something from his pockets. "Ella," he reached his closed hand on mine, but I did not take whatever he wanted to give me.

"No, no don't say Ella, it's Eleanor, and you are fine. You are just fine" I said as I shock my head repeatedly while tears did not stop pouring down my eyes.

"Please," he said, taking my hand and opened it. He held my finger and pointed the ring he had for me to see. "You have a choice, Eleanor." He said,"would you give me the ast reason of happiness and marry me?"

I shock my head no, sobbing. "You are not going anywhere," I said. "This won't be the last thing"

"Please," he said, looking into my eyes. I nodded and he placed it in my fourth finger. "I love you," he mouthed, as if it hard to speak.

"I love you," I sobed, taking his head into my hand. "Please don't leave me," I begged. "Fight Clyde. You are my home, you are the only thing."

"I couldn't save him," he spoke softly, tears sliding down his eyes. "I couldn't."

"Who?" I asked, "Clyde talk to me!"

Soon a couple of our people approached, and helped me get him up and into the car. And I shoock him repeatedly, but he did not move. This can't be it, he will wake up. I placed my hand on his heart, and memorised his heartbeats afraid that it will fade away any second now.

"Faster!" I shouted at the driver, and he did as I told. We soon arrived to Deborah's place, where a doctor raced us there. We lied him down in the closest bed to the door, and the doctor asked to clear the room.

I Sat in the living room, legs bouncing up and down, biting my nails. It hurts that I can do nothing but wait.

Hours later the doctor came out, and I immediately stepped up and walked to him.

"We found some difficulty during surgery," I placed my hand over my mouth. "But I got the bullet out before it was to late. You were lucky that I was not a minute later, and you are luckier to have such a man. He is a fighter."

"Yes he is," I spoke proudly in a shaky voice, then hugged the doctor. He did not hug back. "Sorry, sorry" I said.

he shock his head, "no problem." He said. "He is stable for now, but that could change."

"What do you mean that could change?" I asked.

"It's up to him to wake up or not," he explained. "I did my part, and now it depends whether he wants to live. The knock he got in the head was dangerous, that led him to a Coma."

"What?" I stared at him. "Head? You- you said he is alright, you got the bullet out of his side. What head?"

"he is, but. I told you it could change." He said. "Appearnly something knocked his head, a wall, hard ground or maybe stone."

"What can we do? What can I do?"

"Maybe you could talk to him, give him a reason to fight his way back to consciousness."

Without a second thought, I left the doctor behind and sat besides Clyde.