Chapter thirty-three

Start over?

I heard two slow knocks on my room's door, and on the third, I was up from my bed and pled the heavy door open.

It was Clyde.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, concerned. Why would he be here in the middle of the night?

"Uh-" he looked everywhere but my eyes, like he is embarrassed. "I know it's late but- I could not wait till the morning."

"Okay... What is it?"

"So I did a lot of thinking and," he swallowed. "You are wrong." He paused, I stared at him confused. "We have a choice, we have options."

"I do not think I know what you are talking about," I said. "Maybe it is because you woke me up in the middle of my sleep?"

"Right, uh" he pulled his hand out from behind his back, revealing a flower bouquet. "We have a choice," he repeated. "and here is your first decision to make, will you do me the honour and go out with me? On a real date? At a real restaurant?"

I looked at him stunned, then I smiled. "This means," I reached for the Cypress flower bouquet. "Death, mourning, despair, sorrow."

He looked at me with wide eyes. "I- I did not know that" I stared at him for a while, seeing his expression, I would say he was kind of frightened. Is it bad that I enjoyed that? "I honestly did not know that."

I soon bursted out laughing, "it's okay," I said through my laughter, his expression relaxed. I my laughter did not stop, so he joined. "Okay well," I was barely able to stop laughing. "I have to sleep now but- yes. I would love to"

He gave me the widest smile I have ever seen, then wished me a good night right before he left.

I went back to bed ready to go back to sleep, but I could not because I kept repeating what just happened. I texted Zoey, informing her of everything, but she did not respond. And without realising, I drifted back to sleep.

The next morning, I was woken up by Destiny. I asked her to go away, but she kept doing everything to get me out of bed. "You have to get ready for your dinner date," she said, and that's when I remembered last night. Which cause a smile to show on my face.

"Okay, okay, I am up." I said as I Sat up straight, "you can leave now"

"I will be back to check on you, do not dare to go back to sleep," she warned, I chuckled.

I checked my phone before I took a shower, and I had so many notifications from Zoey. There were messages that shows her excitement and a bunch of 'I told you so'

After my shower, I wore the black silky dress given to me by Destiny from Clyde. It was gorgeous. I placed my hair up, in a stylish updo and went down the long stairs. He was waiting for me like I am some kind of a Disney princess walking down the stairs. I felt like one, with his gaping mouth and gazing eyes.

He mouthed a "Wow" then reached his hand for me to take, so I did.

"Aren't dinners supposed to be late at night?" I raised a brow, questioning him.

"Yes," he said. "The restaurant is a bit far, so I thought we could take our time on our way there and then we could check out near places before dinner time."

"Sounds perfect," I smiled right after I intertwined our arms and we walked out of the front doors and straight to his car.

After a long ride, we arrived to a really fans restaurant. It was hard to get a table, but we walked right through. He must have booked it earlier.

We were served stakes after the appetizers.

"So," he stared as he cut his stake. "Miss Wright, May I ask what interests you? What is it you are looking forward to do in the future?" I giggled, "what? Isn't that what they ask on dates?"

"Right," I said, acting all serious. "Well, I would like to persue art."

"Nice," he said. "Is there a specific reason?"

"Not really," I answered. "I guess I have always loved it, ever since I was a little girl. I like any kind of artsy, I enjoy crafts. But I mostly like drawing, it is the only way I ever knew how to express myself." He nodded, "what about you?"

"Torturing" be said in a serious face, then laughed. "What? Am I supposed to lie?"

"No," I said. "But seriously, what is it you are passionate about? I bet it isn't Torturing people to death..."

He sighed, "there is this thing-" he hesitated, "when I was younger, I used to enjoy the violin. I still do, sometimes... Sometimes I pick it up, and I find myself playing all night, it relaxes me."

I smiled,"that's nice" he shock his head and looked down at his plate. "No really, that's awesome. I would like to hear you play sometimes, if you are okay with it of course."

"Maybe," he said, giving me the slightest smile.