Chapter seven

Fall dance

I am one step closer to a new life of misery. Today I am going to meet the king of blood and not so long after that, I will be his wife.

A seventeen-year-old getting married to a literal torturer. How fascinating life is?

I slipped into my hand made gorgeous red dress and stared at it in my broken mirror for what felt like hours. Daydreaming about my desired love life. That apparently I am not going to get.

I had straightened my hair this morning, which I don't like. But what can I say? I got a purple bruise on my back because I told her no.

I placed my hair into a loose bun with few short strands of hair set free on the front.

"are you ready?" My mother walked in to make sure, I nodded. "Good, they will be here any moment now." She informed me right before she left my room. I bet she is looking out the window without moving.

Since I was completely finished, I decided to sketch a few stuff to pass time. Unconsciously, I walked over to my bed to hand my newly sketched drawing on the ceiling until my eyes landed on the empty ceiling.

I have snatched out all of my sketches from the ceiling since we are moving. Mother of course, to her new house, while I, move to the castle. I know it's still early But, my mother wants everything ready so once they say it's Time, she will be waiting at the door.

They better let me hang my sketches somewhere or else I will be extremely angry. More than I already am.

"The carriage is here!" My mother informed excitedly. I took a deep breath and huffed in frustration as I got up and walked out of my room closing the door behind me, then the same with the front door of our house.

The carriage was white and so was the horse. We got in with the help of the middle-aged driver reaching his hand for us to take. He had dark skin with no emotions showing on his face, like as if his job is depending on it.

"Hello" I greeted him with a smile and earned an elbow kick from my mother instead. "I am Ella." I continued talking anyway.

"I know that" he said with a blank expression as he sat on his seat, "Eleanor Ruth Wright."

"Right," I said as he held the belt ready to drive away, "may I know your name, sir?"

"sir?" He repeated shocked as he turned to face me, I nodded confused, "uh, you are not supposed to call me that. But the name is Willie if you insist of knowing."

I smiled wide, "Nice to meet you, Willie" he just nodded in return and clicked the belt softly making the horse move. I stared outside at the picturesque nature passing by. A smile appeared on my face which felt like a second of happiness but soon faded away when I saw one of the Royal castles that held the dance today, it pulled me back to reality. The cruel reality. Reminding me what today was actually about, that nature was able to make me forget, for a short matter of time.

The carriage stopped and we got out, my mother pushed me harshly but kept a smile on her face for show. "Goodbye!" I waved my hand at Willie who stood still next to his carriage, his face flushed as if he was scared.

"Don't mess it up" my mother warned, whispering in my ear causing the hair on the back of my neck to stand up in fear.

I took a deep breath as we walked on the long red carpet that matched my dress. We entered the ballroom, it was wide and filled with a lot of people. I have never been around that many people before, which made me panic slightly.