Chapter twelve

Dinner, talks & Good night of sleep.

I walked back in my room and hoped for a maid or even Clyde to come by and check why I haven't come down yet. But I ended up sitting at the edge of my bed, swinging my legs up and down for what felt like an hour.

I heard a knock and lifted up my heads towards my still opened door. "Clyde!" I spoke excitedly as soon as I saw him.

"Someone's happy to see me" he spoke narcissistically.

"Don't flatter yourself," I said as I jumped out of my bed, "I am starving and couldn't find my way out of this hell-hall" I gestured at the hallway with the endless doors.

He chuckled. "Not funny."

"Yes it is" he said.

"Why?" I questioned, my hands over my hips. "What's so funny about that?"

"You are stupid." He said as he walked away, I gasped my mouth at him in annoyance then walked behind him.

"I am no such thing!" I said, annoyance showing in my voice.

"Yes you are" he said, glancing at me then back forward, "I showed you the place already."

"'I showed you the place already'" I mimicked,"this place is a Maze! How will I know my way from the first tour?" I said,"on to top of that, you gave a crappy tour."

"how dare you insult my tours!" He gasped, not sure if he meant it or sarcastically.

"Whatever," I spoke, "Where is the dinner destiny talked about?"

"We are heading there" he said as we walked down the stairs, "wait a while longer, food isn't going anywhere."

"Well; I haven't eaten anything all day" I admitted, "my tummy can't wait anymore."

"Calm down before you eat me" he said, "it's your fault for not eating."

"my fault? How is it my fault!" I spoke,"I have been getting ready for that dance of your and then, when we were finally there and I thought i finally might be able to eat; they were disgusting."

"Sorry that Royal food doesn't get your liking"

"thank you for apologising" I smiled and I could see he was annoyed.

"That was a sarcastic comment-"

"I don't care" I cut him off, "it was an apology to me"

After dinner, destiny walked me to me room and I asked her to come tomorrow morning too, because I am not planning on staying inside forever.

And just like I asked her, she did come by. In fact, after my shower she helped me dress up, tighten my curset and helped with my hair too. Which I told her wasn't necessary, but she insisted.

"The ruling family isn't as fairytale as some tends to make it." She admitted, "Being a part of it isn't greater than being a normal citizen. It means, blood, sacrifice, and hatred"

"I figured" I said, "people in the city want to be apart of it, but to be honest with you, I never wanted this."

"I know you don't," she smiled sadly,"it shows."

After I was done, she walked me out through the hallways to the ground living room.

"great" i mumbled to myself as soon as I saw him sitting down on one of the fancy chairs while drinking tea and reading a magazine.

He looked up slightly then looked back down.

"Good morning?" I said, since he didn't bother to say it. He didn't even reply, rude. "Hello?"

"Yes, Eleanor." He poke as he lowered the news paper and looked at me like a grandpa.

"Can i go out or am I a prisoner?"

"Yes, please go and give me some space!" He said which caused me to roll my eyes. I gasped, but not really surprised by his attitude. "Take Destiny with you."

I smiled and jumped as i clapped my hand looking at destiny who returned the smile. She seems like the only one who smiles here.

I took her hand and pulled her outside as I called out for Willie to get the carrige ready.