Chapter thirty-four

He adores you

When we got back, it was late. He walked me all the way up to my room and wished me a good night.

"Is there a chance for a second date?" He asked, leaning on my room's door frame. "You have the choice to ignore me and this whole date, just like anyone would do if they didn't like their date. Not that I want that to happen but-

"I would love to," I cut him off, walking closer to him and gave me the smallest kiss on his cheek. He grinned, brushed a hand through his hair then waved and walked away after taking one last look at me.

I closed the door and leaned on it and took deep breaths to slow my racing heartbeats.

After I changed into my nightgown, I dropped into my bed and gave in to a deep dream.

In the next morning, I woke up and opened my phone that was closed fully last night because it kept buzzing with Zoey's messages all night.

As soon as I opened it, I got repeated notifications that I did not receive last night due to my phone being off.

Why didn't you tell me what happened right away?

Are you asleep?

Or are you doing something else?

You better have a good explanation for not telling me the details already.

I groaned as I threw my phone on the bed next to me, not ready to talk just yet. I need to shower and drink some tea first. So I did just that, and sat in the kitchen as I sipped my tea.

"Good morning," the voice from behind me made me smile wide, I turned around and showed him that smile. "Hm, I guess that I would like some tea as well," Clyde said as he found his way to the counters to prepare it.

I grinned before taking another sip, "are you going to work tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah," he rolled his eyes. "But tomorrow I am not," he smirked at me wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes trying to hide my smile. "How about that second date? Tomorrow night?"

"Hm, let me see my schedule" I teased, he shook his head with a smile forming on his face. "Turns out I am free, it's your lucky night."

"My lucky night indeed," he said, I could not help the heated blush that formed across my face. He smirked at it, as if he has achieved something.

"Not a fancy restaurant this time please," I said.

"Why?" He asked, turning to face me as he waited for the water to boil. "Did you not like it last night?"

"No, no" I replied quite quickly. "It's not that, I did enjoy last night. I just think that- I don't know it would be more fun someplace we can you know, laugh without being shushed?"

He chuckled, "make sense, alright" he poured the hot water and placed the tea tag in it. "Wear something comfortable, cute, a flowy dress maybe? We will leave at midnight"

"Where are we going?" I asked, eager for the answer.

"I was thinking my place? Up the hill, a picnic until sunrise? We could stay even longer if you are up for it"

"Sounds perfect," I smiled wide, actually liking the idea.

Later that night, he did leave to work. And I was not tired to sleep, so I stayed in the garden with Destiny. We opened the outside lights since it was pretty dark. I painted as we talked, I am so lucky that I was destined to meet her, she is such a lovely person.

"I have never seen Clyde this happy since his mother passed," she smiled, but it pained her to speak of the facts. "He adores you"

"you really think so?" I asked, shifting my eyes away from the painting.

"Uhm," She nodded, "what explains all the paintings he kept-" she immediately covered her mouth, "I was not supposed to say that"

"What is it?" I asked, placing my brush down. "You spoke it, so you better tell me." She eyed me, debating. "Come one!"

"I was not supposed to know either," she said. "You will have to wait, everything happens at its right time. He will show you when he is ready."

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath, "Fine"

"cheer up hun," she nudged my shoulder, I smiled. "You will know soon enough"